Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is another weekend ride, and perfect weather other than for 30 minutes of rain or so.

This time it's on the Island of Cape Breton where I started by visiting the Fort of Louisbourg. I was impressed by the size and the state of reconstruction of the fort. It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere but 300 years ago it was important and in the 60-70's they rebuilt it and now it is a National Historic site.

On Sunday I started in Sydney, NS and rode to the Cabot Trail, the roads are awesome. Most of the main trail is brand new asphalt or a year or so old, the curves and hills are great and the photo opportunities numerous. I took the side roads as well as I had the time and really enjoyed some of the out of the way corners. Lots of motorbikes on the road and all in all there wasn't that much traffic. The trail isn't that long but you can definitely spend time off the road as well as there are lots of hiking trails.

I will probably head back there in the fall for a longer camping trip.

And here are a few pics to take a look at.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bear

I bought the bike to support my photography/travel :). Gas is cheaper and it's easier to stop and pull off the road. I still have to work out some equipment issues and I'll be set to go. Too bad everything but the maritimes and eastern US is so far away from here. But so far there are plenty of places left for exploring.

P.S. Here are more photos from that trip and if you go to my albums you can find lots more pics.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/vlast.pojman/CapeBreton09?feat=directlink

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Great pix! I got some of my best ever in Cape Breton, including a cow moose like you bagged. (I was close enough to discover how really awful moose smell.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Love the Trail, I live in Nova Scotia and still don't get there enough. (how about twice ever!)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice report. It whets the appetite for next year's tour, when we plan to visit C.B. We were going to go this year but the weather was so crappy all summer that we decided to go west around Lake Superior instead. N.S. is beautiful but, as you said, it's dang far from anywhere else. On the other hand, you're just a ferry ride from Maine and some excellent roads there, or at the other end from Nfld., and let's just say a whole other country there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts