Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've just sold my bike looking forward to get a brand new Versys. I heard so much about this bike and took it for a demo ride that got me sold. I was debating between it and the F 650 GS but decide for the Versys both price wise and bike wise.
Unfourtanatly I've discovered today that I can't get one. No dealership in southern California has one and they all only have 09. I do want the 2010 as I feel that I don't want to get an 09 months before the 2011 are out. I don't want to find myself so soon two me del years behind. Am I making sense? I am very frustrated.

Eitan

·
Registered
665 Posts
The differences between the '09 and the '10 aren't that huge. Plus you'll save a fair bit of cash for the '09 and there are LOT more aftermarket accessories for the '09 to spend that cash on.

Or get on the list for the '11s and pray the only colors available are acceptable. ;)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
2010 Versys are no show in CO. I saw two leftover 09 Blue and Green and a used red (the fastest :) ) @ Fay Myers near Denver CO. I do not believe there's a performance difference between the 10 and 09. Styling is different. Haven't tested a 10 to see if the rubber mounts make a significant difference. Depending on price I might look at an 09.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I bought the 09 last week specifically because it was discounted by $2,500 compared to the 2010 sitting next to it. I plan on keeping the bike for years (Don't we always say that?) but I'm upgrading from my Ninja 250 to the One Bike that I believe can do it all, so I mean it.

I'm about 50/50 on the changes between the 2 model years, half I think are improvements, and half I think the 09 looks better.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I was holding off for the 2010 model and whatever improvements they would have until I saw the 2009 in green. SOLD! Later when the 2010 came out I knew I made the right decision. For me anyway. If there is something you must have on the 10 then go for it otherwise the money saved on the 09 makes it way worth it. It's the same bike. Rubber motor mounts? Don't need them on mine.:teetertooter:

·
Registered
131 Posts
same here - looked at the f650gs, went to the V, had the option of a 10 or 9 and went 09.
the price difference didnt justify the 10 although some of the 10 plastics i liked better . . . but not a few grand better ;)

no regrets :thumb:

·
Registered
318 Posts
For the price difference I would definitely go 09. And, I did.

However, have you tried Chaparral? They still had a 10 on the floor recently.
Chaparral *used* to have a 10, but it's sitting in my garage now... Bert's in Covina had, at last check, 3 V's that I *think* were 09's. Chaparral had 1 09 I believe...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,
You are making some very good points. I may be going for 09 and accessorize it to death... :)
Thank you for the great tips.
I hope to post a picture of a brand new V pretty soon...

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
If you just have to have a 2010 model. Take some vacation time Buy one out of state put 7500 miles on it go back home and then you don't have the emissions canister on the bike. But i'd buy the 09 and farkle it with the extra cash.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
203 Posts
2010 Versys is worth it in the long haul

The 2010 is a lot better looking in the headlight department IMHO. The 2010 also has less vibration due to rubber mounts on the engine and much better mirrors.However for $2500 discount you could buy a lot of farkles.:huh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you just have to have a 2010 model. Take some vacation time Buy one out of state put 7500 miles on it go back home and then you don't have the emissions canister on the bike. But i'd buy the 09 and farkle it with the extra cash.:yeahsmile:
Any paperwork showing the mileage at time of purchase must say 7500 miles or you risk it being red-flagged.

·
Registered
521 Posts
For the price difference I would definitely go 09. And, I did.

However, have you tried Chaparral? They still had a 10 on the floor recently.
I did the same thing--got an '09 for much less cash, plus I like the blue color over the stealth black look on the '10

x2 on checking Chaparral--they had a '10 on the floor and two '09's (both colors) recently...

EDIT: Opps, I didn't read all the pages before posting....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts