Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Canadian Newbie

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveC 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 2015 Versys 650 LT later on today. The bike is out of Province to me and I'll likely have it stored over the Winter. I wanted to join this forum to gather info on the various accessories that are available for this model. I live in the southern interior of British Columbia.

The bike has 26,500kms on it and appears to be in excellent condition.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Btw, I'm a big Kawasaki fan and bleed green.:grin2: I also own a KLR650 with the 685 kit, a 2011 Concours which is now for sale to pay for the Versys, and a 1984 KZ1100R (Eddie Lawson Replica) that I bought new way back in 1984.

Attachments

#5 ·
Greetings from Vancouver! Love the KZ1100R.When I started riding in the 70s my buddy had a Z900 and got to know that bike through riding with him. Got back into biking and now I ride a 2015 Versys 650 LT. You will love this "versatile"bike,a frisky pony and a lot of fun. I tour mine,was out through southern BC to Cranbrook in September and back through Nakusp,still a bit smoky. All my mods in tailoring my bike to my style I learned about on this forum.

#6 ·
Not very many people have even heard of the 1100R model. Only 1300 were made so it is a bike you don't see every day.

I live in Chase which is between Kamloops and Salmon Arm. The riding in this area is spectacular! One of my favourite loops is to go to Vernon, over the Monashee Pass to the Needles ferry, up to Nakusp then take the Galena Bay ferry and ride up to Revelstoke and back to home along the highway. The choices are endless up here. :grin2:

#7 ·
Great news! I put the deposit down on the Versys and hope I get a window in the weather to go pick it up next week. Now I also have to wait until Spring to put it through its paces.:wink2:

Attachments

#8 ·
Reactions: Glenn21
#10 ·
Yes, it is in West Edmonton. I'm going to try to make a mad dash to there on Monday to pick it up on Tuesday. A small window in the weather is still open. My pick up has brand new tires, but they're only M&S. I've been wanting to pick up one these since I rode up to Dawson City a couple years ago with my buddy who has a 2014 . I was on my 2008 KLR and I sure envied the power and comfort he had on the Versys.:smile2:

#12 ·
Thanks fasteddie, success! Had a great drive there and back, roads bare and dry. Was delighted with the condition of the bike. It is always a concern when you buy a bike unseen that the photos you viewed could be hiding something. What a relief to find that it looks like brand new. I feel like I rescued this bike from Edmonton and it'll be much happier here in the twisty roads of BC.:grin2:

I have a riding buddy in Falkland that rides a 2014 green Versys, maybe our paths will cross in the next riding season. :cheers:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.