Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's a follow up on a post I made here because I don't want to jack the thread anymore

So what happens is I see that someone, often Kiwi41, has posted a video because their's a lot of replies

But instead of seeing a box like youtube or something else, all I see is the "No video" in very plain letters where I would usually find link from other poster

So Bones suggested some problem because of the lack of a flash player in the iPad, but usually, I can see link AND clik on them to eventually end up on a page that says to download flash bla bla bla

But in this case, no link at all, no box only the plain message

So, is this a canadian thing (geography wise), an apple thing, a combination of both
If other "compadre" are in the same position, raise a flag

Thank's

LOP

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
No problems mate jack the thread anyway as it was off topic and hope you get your issue sorted so you can see my posts. My photos are usually taken on my cannon camera then I reduce their size then add to my photo bucket web site then post on forum. Vids are just uploaded to my youtube account then posted. Phil

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Yep Phil is a great name :) On my photos before I load into photo bucket I open paint programme and reduce them.
I also get your same message no vid on some of my own posts when using my Samsung S2 so maybe I need to download something for the android phone to.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I see that on the iPad too Phil but my Macbook lets me see the video. Not an "Apple" issue or a Canadian issue.
Barb

·
Registered
73 Posts
Common problem. Apple's ipad and mini ipad do not support Adobe flash which is required for some videos. If you find a workaround let us know!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I see that I'm not alone

As for the flash pluging, usualy, when their's a flash animation, be it video or else, I always get a message inviting me to install that devilish thing, I'm not left haging to dry with no proposition

To be thorough, I'm using an ipad II, updated to the hilt, with Chrome AND it's the same result with Safari on said iPad

LOP

·
Registered
601 Posts
So, I see that I'm not alone

As for the flash pluging, usualy, when their's a flash animation, be it video or else, I always get a message inviting me to install that devilish thing, I'm not left haging to dry with no proposition

To be thorough, I'm using an ipad II, updated to the hilt, with Chrome AND it's the same result with Safari on said iPad

LOP
I'm under the impression that one of the major downfalls with the iPad is that there is no Flash support. Maybe that's changed, but it seems like a huge oversight on Apple's part. I'm guessing it's more due to business politics and money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts