Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally wouldn't post political comments but I know there are a lot of active and former military personnel on this site.

Janet Napolitano has pointed her finger at Canada saying that we let 911 terrorists into North America. This is blatantly untrue. In every known case, 911 terrorists came into the U.S. from outside of the continent and didn't pass through Canada. It's a myth that refuses to die.

We can't be blaming each other. Canada has been fighting an ugly war in Afghanistan since day one. Almost weekly we have another soldier coming home for the last time. I live close to a major army base and have seen the final procession for soldiers en route from the airport to the base. It saddens me that someone in Ms. Napolitano's position doesn't acknowledge the sacrifice that Canadians are making.

We're on the same side. We have to remember that.

Thanks for listening to me.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yes, we are brothers in arms, and allies. We're all victims of terrorists, and are fighting them together. There are no boundaries between us in this international forum. It's good to know we can rely on, be partners and get along with our own neighbours. Seems like Obama is more open to Canada as well... I actually buy more stuff for the V from the good ol US of A. :usa: I just wish it was easier to go for a ride in the states. I think I need a passport now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well said Charly. Worlds longest undefended border. A risk from what? Better tasting beer? Public access cable with nudity? Profane use of the word eh? The metric system? Tim Hortons? The Trailer Park Boys?

Janet Napolitano appears to be not very well travelled. Reminds me of an old 80's film with Alan Alda and John Candy where the president starts hurting in the poles and goes to war with Canada to cause a distraction from the real world problems dragging him down.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great neighbors!

Few countries in the world can claim as amicable a relationship as the one that we have enjoyed with Canada. I wish my 'local' neighbors were half as likable as the blokes that I've met on my travels from north of our border. Eh?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Never thought of Canada as anything other than a brother to US. Rode a lot of rallies with my Canada friends and had lots of good times. Used to go fishing there once each year but got so mad at the long line at the border and treated us like **** that i don't go back anymore. And that was years ago before all the current things happened, and that was comeing back into the US. We even had a couple guys in our BMW club from Canada as they liked to have fun with our bunch. I wouldn't let any feeling get hurt from her remark as i think most US and Canadian people feel like we are the closest allies and friends. I sure feel better buying things from Canada than anywhere else outside of the US. Consider them one of us and i am a disabled vet and realize they fought side by side with us. Just don't let one person bother you and think about all of us that get along so well on this site. Ride, my friend and enjoy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nicely said guys. Typically we have one thing in common. We generally don't vote someone in so much as vote the other guy out. Janet Napolitano seems like she has been elevated beyond her abilities. Gets tiring hearing how the 9/11 guys who all were trained to fly at American flight schools, earned American licences, and held American student Visa's are some how Canada's fault, and if they aren't then we are no different then Mexico because we share a border? I am an airline pilot, and would consider myself strictly a law and order guy. I have zero sympathies for these Saudi creeps, nor does the present or previous government of my country.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On the same side? Like storming the beaches at Normandy together on the same side? Yea, I'd say were on the same side. Never thought anything else/less, of Canada or it's people.

I've had opertunity to work in Erie. Good people all around, friends.

The southern border is what we (US) should be worrying about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts