Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

New owner of a 2015 Versys 650 ABS model here. In the tail section of this bike, under the seat I see the spliced wires shown in the picture. Without a circuit diagram, I'm trying to figure out what wires are spliced with the two blue "dracula" connectors.

This bike has the OEM driving lights, but the only aftermarket electrical on it that I know of is Oxford heated grips.

The reason for asking is that I would like to add license plate holder LED and I need to find a source of switched 12V.

Thanks!

-dm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Forget the splicing

Very hard to make out what is what. The red wire, about 6 inches from the brake/ tail light is the license plate tail light wire, black with yellow tracer is ground. Kawasaki changes colours after passing through a connector, the colours are final connection to light assembly. Also diagram available here in the How To Sticky.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried tracing the wires, it looks like one of the wires out of each splice heads to the taillight assembly. My guess is that the previous owner had had something with aux taillights (like a Givi case) installed.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
I just tried tracing the wires, it looks like one of the wires out of each splice heads to the taillight assembly. My guess is that the previous owner had had something with aux taillights (like a Givi case) installed.
Blue with red tracer is the brake light, red is tail plate light, 3rd wire is ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts