Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could we not have a code attached to our thread headers so that we know to ignore that particular new thread?

I know that not everyone will be able to grasp the concept or even remember to do it, but I'll start with a suggestion;
Put a V.before the new thread header,ie;
V.What is the best thing about your 'bike?
or
V.Tell a joke a day thread.

:goodidea:........:forgetit:.......:interesting:.....:dgi:.....:thumb:........:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Haven't seen the spammers hit this forum this hard in a long time. I just report them as quick as i see them. Hopefully they'll see we step on their necks quick here and they just go away.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually what's the objectives of the spammers flooding the site ?
Are they from another bike forum, some hackers / trolls with some past hate experience with the site, or just a prankster who are here today - gone tomorrow ?

I'm sure the admin has their IP address which could bar them from future registration ?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Are they from another bike forum, some hackers / trolls with some past hate experience with the site, or just a prankster who are here today - gone tomorrow ?

I'm sure the admin has their IP address which could bar them from future registration ?
I believe the spammer's sole reason for being is to cause me great mental stress.
Little do they realize a plastic wrapper or urban rapper is more effective. :sorry:

·
Registered
90 Posts
The reason they do this is to improve the Google ranking of the sites they link to. Google improves the ranking of a site by the number of bigger sites (like this one) that link to it.

An are you a human or are you a program test on the registration page will eliminate 99% of the spam.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

The reason they do this is to improve the Google ranking of the sites they link to. Google improves the ranking of a site by the number of bigger sites (like this one) that link to it.

An are you a human or are you a program test on the registration page will eliminate 99% of the spam.
Both good points! :thumb:

These spiders are out to get numbers. They don't try and really sell you anything. :eek:

They have to upgrade this forum site or it will just get more spiders. IMO

Programs that shut your computer down don't have a point either. That's what is so damn irritating about most of the crap floating around on the web. It causes problems but really for no reason. :mad:

Because it serves no reason its harder to have a solution. Hack for the hack of it! :thumbdown: Spider program for the hack of it. And so on.............:thumbdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts