Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i need some help, want to ask that can tires cause you problems with you bar position during riding,, or motorcycle not going straight from tires, or other problems with balance in the street ???

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81481

No, but you need to check your rear wheel alignment. I used a straight edge on rear sprocket, extending along the chain links outer plates toward front sprocket. Many use Motion Pro's alignment tool. My axle's right side has to be about 2.5mm ahead of left side's adjustment reference mark to be properly aligned, so it was off by 0.5 degree which is huge. Reference marks are 5mm apart. It's now good and neutral, is much easier to ride and easier on arms and back. I realized I used to sit offset to balance the ride.

Get A Motion Pro Chain Alignment Tool... Riders Discount had a good deal on them when i got mine.....

IMG_1728 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Oh yeah every time.

Don't depend on the marks on the swingarm to get things lined up right. I have a Motion Pro gauge I use now but I have used cord before . Pull the tow frame covers off the left and right side that cover the swingarm bolt and measure from the center of the bolt the the center of the rear axle.

Here's the tool I have it makes things faster and easier. I think I gave about $20.00 for it. It clamps to the rear sprocket and you simply sight down the chain and adjust until there are parallel.

Click to see Fast Eddie's amazing photo:
Here's how:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yeah, something is off kilter... Bent chassis, triple clamps, forks, swingarm, and/or fork or wheel misalignment.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hasn't this been discussed in a previous thread?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry if i disturbed, but i just wanted some help, in my town they are not specialized mechanics and i dont have where to find a solution, anyway sorry for disturbing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts