Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,
do you think this would cause any overheating issues if this area was closed off on both sides ?

i'm talking about that complete triangle area between the tubes and radiator shroud where i have the arrow.

this not my bike, i just found it to use for illistration.

thx,

dave

Attachments

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Yeah, those openings are basically your radiator air outlets. Sealing them off would also make it hotter on the engine's head and coils-over-plug, as well as the air entering airbox.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure is nice having you around guys.

i've always said, ''I'm not to smart, but I know smart people" :)

thx again for all your help guys,

dave

·
Registered
582 Posts
how about a black open mesh material just to keep his idea going

·
Registered
307 Posts
i was thinking the same thing.

you can get expanded metals with all kinds of hole opening shapes.

but, i don't wait to tamper with reliabilty though, i'll move on.

dave
My first thought was some kind of graphite/ carbon fiber honeycomb material , it's lightweight and air flow will be good .............that said , the Verseys shares the same engine ( basically ) with the ninja 650 and that has a full fairing , so I can't see any major problems arising from covering that small area on your V . Good luck and I vote go for it .........one up the group :goodidea:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i would just love to put that full fairing on my Versys.

think with some light modifications it would be possible.

me & my ''ADD" can't leave anything alone. :yeahsmile:

dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe that is possible, the versys was built on the ninja 650r frame, you will see the mounting holes are there for the fairing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The cluster probably wouldn't be super hard to keep, but it would be hard to fit a Versys headlight into that fairing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just trade the Versys on the stunning 2010 Ninja 650R, and you'll be all set.
i just love the looks of sport bikes, but there fit doesn't work for my spine/hip issues.

i've only found two other bikes that i can ride without pain, a Ducati Monster and a Aprilia Shiver.

I also haven't found a bike as versitile for my needs as the Versys either, i just love it for this and it's fit, it's the best i've sat on now with all my mods.

except i don't like it's look.
so i'm going to change it as much as i can without spending much.

also, i just love the cost & mph of the versys.

i want to build a street-tracker next for running those dirt roads, and studding up for winter riding. i go for the pure fun factor in bikes. :)
going to have to go with something long travel though. just had to throw in this beautiful Triumph.

dave

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Ninja 650R does have large functional air flow openings.

]
I assume your responding to me ??? :)
I understand what your saying , and I agree , but a honey comb mesh still provides about 80% of original airflow , that, coupled with less overall fairing than a ninja ( front and down low ) , it is my very non-scientific opinion that there would not be a heat issue , as the ninja handles it just fine . Now if he wanted to enclose it all in a solid piece of CF allowing no airflow and trapping heat , then there may/will be an issue . I think it would look good , when I had a Triumph , one of the guys on that forum covered the openings with basic steel diamond mesh , but it looked pretty good .......or at least different , you can see it quite clearly in the picture
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2456/675daytona2netid4.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts