Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother-in-law and I are planning a week-long camping trip along the BPR for next spring. We want to camp because we already enjoy non-motorcycle camping, and we want to save some $$. Already have purchased the basic items specific to motorcycle camping: tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, waterproof stuff-sacks, stove, compressor, maps, etc.....

I noticed that all of the nine national park campgrounds on the BPR do not have shower facilities. I'm not ashamed to say that if I don't get a daily shower, I'm more miserable than I usually am :devil:. Can anyone provide input on any other campgrounds along the parkway that have shower facilities? Any other input regarding tips/suggestions greatly appreciated. We want to be as prepared as possible.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have always trekked out to a stream, grabbed up some water in a collapsible water container and soaped up with some all-natural biodegradable liquid soap. I have used Dr. Bronners for many years, just dilute it first.

~ Wes

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure of your route.

Going through this summer with my 11 year old, we stayed at the Iron Horse Campground very near Deals gap.

IF it is near your route, do it. Great place, clean showers, dinner option (we didn't), and well manicured. We weren't looking for a camping in the wild experience. We just wanted a clean place with no hassels. That's what we found.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like there are quite a few options, as long as you're willing to travel just a little off the BPR. Gotta get the maps out and figure out how far to travel each day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts