Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently mounted a Cameleon (automatic chain ) Oiler, and i m very proud of the installation because it seems very clean compared to most i've seen on the web.

The diagonale part of the flexible is hiding the stock wielding on the swingarm.
With full lenght tank oil tube under the seat, with right inclination all the long, the closer (the box) the lower.
The flexible is always pretty far of the chain, and not in the same axe ( except for the dripping end).
Mario from Cameleon oiler shop told me in a mail the loop's head pointing to the floor is the same than pointing to the sky, so np.

After one week, all seems to works fine, oil is dripping, chain is oiled.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well maybe i 'mbragging : i honestly said that i m pretty proud of it ;)
I guess u didn't made search on the web for cameleon+versys...
So i have to show you why "i'm proud" and why i want to share this clean example ,
because that's the kind of install i've found, and many are from "professional" sites/blogs :

So yea...i think my images on the web could help some people.... If they're ok to use screws from the kit :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now 2 years later : i like it very much, but still have to take 5sec to change the settings from my usual 100% city driving ( 2 on 7 ), with long time waiting at the red traffic lights.... to higher oil cycle when i change to long run on curvy roads or highway (4 or 5 on 7).
And as i heard, if their is big temperature difference in your place, between summer and winter, it s good to adapt the mode considering this, too.

But yea, my chain is oiled ( i never seen it dry ), my back tire is clean, but the inner of my wheel get some black on black dirt ( my inner wheel are black), but as every motorbike, usually.
I can t say if it s dirtier than with usual chain lube, hard to compare, and i can't, since i installed it very fast after buying the bike. Maybe half of the dirt is from the road itself.
But it's not taking my sleep away :D

ps: but yeah, as i think when sharing this picture, the wheel rim stickers get some little straight black sticky projections with time and kilometers , but nothing huge, they still look pretty cool when dirty and from 10meters away.
And..... i m used to clean them very easily with any DRY cotton, just by passing on it, like 1-2 time a month ( i'm not doing tons of kilometers tough, but still, it take 30sec to whip it without any cleaning product or soap).

But yeah, stickers aren't matt at all, like the wheel rim .

So 2 years later all is ok, i refilled the tube maybe 3 time with the same cameleon oil little oil bottle i bought for 15€, and my silver/white stickers are still neat :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts