Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winters are becoming more difficult for me every year. Despite the gradual warming trend here the cold gets to me and the lack of riding adds to the malaise.

And then we get a comparatively warm day, a day when I step out into the welcome sunshine and the notion hits me: I could ride today.

Then I look at the real circumstances. Battery and seat indoors, tire pressure will need adjusting and the 150 meters of driveway to the road is a slippery chancy surface over a frozen substrate. Greased granite. Temperature just above freezing and will it drop as fast as the sun.

I need to win the lottery, and please no "plenty warm here, I ride everyday".

I couldn't take it.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I'm with ya Smiley there otta be a law!

I got out once in Jan and paid the price. 1 1/2 ride...4 hours cleaning the salt and crud off the bike.

Now to my shame...I moved from Florida TO Ohio! 3 blocks for the ocean at that. But then again I never said I was all that bright!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Maybe I'm just out of the loop on the full winterization process, but why is your seat inside???
Sorry for delayed response, I was weeping in the garage.:rolleyes:

I keep seat indoors ever since I had a seat chewed up by mice to make themselves a warm mouse house. I've also had them build a nest in a muffler (not on the V) so I packed steel wool into muffler outlet. It was quite the surprise seeing a mouse nest blow out the pipe when bike started in the spring.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would getting a snowmobile help?
Around here we only get about 6 days per winter that are any good for snowmobile, but lots of cold and salt crusted roads. We even had a thunderstorm in January, followed by some snow the next day.

I thought of an ATV but that would require a truck to haul it for any decent riding. No budget for either.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Eddie: may you find yourself out of gas with two flat tires & may the fleas from a thousand camels infest your privates.:D
Well no need to be mean about it....We'll hear him crying come summer and it's 130 in the shade there! :devil:

You can always put on more gear BUT you can only get so much off!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow. Other people feel like I do. I paced in my garage today after putting a new cowling on my V. I then installed handguards I bought off someone here. Paced again. Many feet of snow here in Newfoundland, Canada. I have a quad, but it is just not the same. Oh well. I am going for a weekend long ski doo trip tomorrow. that will help with some of my PMS!! Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.... I love that, never heard it before!!!:yeahsmile:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts