Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my Versys two hours ago... a guy pay US$6,500 for it so I think is not a bad deal... A new 2012 it's US$9,990 in these days. I paid $8,350 in 2010 from my 2009 Versys.
It's being a pleasure to share these two years with this group, I meet great people like my friend Gary who also sold his Versys.
My next bike will be a white Triumph 800XC... I already paid some funds in advance and sign the papers... now I have to wait like 20 days to get my plate and registration card.
Anyway, I will keep looking on this nice forum...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hope you will enjoy your new ride, and hopefully the 20 days goes by quickly for you.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Adios & have fun on the trumpet....

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You'll love that smooth 800 triple power plant which sings a very pretty song, and the XC suspensions with the more aggressive tires and taller front wheel for sure... I just hope it's nearly as reliable as your good old Versys.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Belongs to the old guy in the green hat. He use to be a desert racer in the 60's & 70's. He loves the triumph and boy does he haul azzzzzzzzzzz.

IMG_1520 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the first ride on my new bike from the store to my garage I can notice, immediately, the difference between both bikes... The Tiger is really smooth and the sound of the engine is quite different... the Versys (with the Leo Vince exhaust) feels stronger. Also the riding position is different, it looks like the Tiger has wider handlebars and definitely I will need to buy a new pair of ROX pivot risers, at this point I felt the Versys handlebar more comfortable.
I would like to kept my Versys but I needed the money...
Drive save my friends!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Seems like from all the ADV threads that the Tiger 800/800XC's are really nice bikes. With those improvements comes added complexity, more moving parts, and higher maintenance/service costs. But that's OK - more means more, and I'd be overjoyed to have one, especially with ABS. I had to turn around on a bad dirt road today on my V that I would have loved to have had an 800XC on. Maybe next year?:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's true, it's the same here in Peru... we have a lot of dirt roads and I have done several with my Versys but taking care of it... I thin with the Tiger I will be able to ride those roads with more confidence... but I will always be a Versys fan, really a great bike. I don't remember where I read an article that says that the Versys is the Swiss Knife of the motorcycles...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Triumph makes some really good looking bikes. Had a look at the Tiger Explorer and its really cool

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Congrats! Have fun and keep us posted! :thumb:

You know your bike sold fast and a good price! :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts