Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of this issue on some other forums and the problem has cropped up on my bike.

When on the road, there's a vibration somewhere under the cowling and around the gauge cluster that causes a buzzing sound. Some people reported that some foam tape between certain parts stopped the problem. But, nobody seems to have any pictures or details on the fix...

Does anyone have some details?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

The UK site that has pictures is members only (and it's not automatic registration, so I'm still waiting). Are there any urls for the pictures?

Edit:

I got the invite from that site...

It looks like some folks have issues just above the headlight, and some have issues in other places.... Not easy to narrow down without experimenting.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've been experiencing some buzzing. I submitted a post called 'Fair Buzz' on this site. It was supposed to say Fairing Buzz. It was a bad day to post.

Foam tape helps - I ran that around the inside lip of the fairing that contacts the black cockpit pieces. I also drilled out my lower screw holes near the headlight to lower the fairing tips to be in contact with the cockpit.

I still have a small buzz - not as bad as it was before but it's more inside - down where all the cables and wires are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There will also be a buzz if you have a key fob or other keys dangling by the ignition. The dangling keys do vibrate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It looks like some folks have issues just above the headlight, and some have issues in other places.... Not easy to narrow down without experimenting.
While riding, I reached forward with my left hand and pressed on the usual suspect areas. When I pressed on the black part right over the headlight the buzz went away. Voila!

Instead of foam tape, I found these adhesive clear rubber dots at the hardware store. They have worked perfectly so far.

-Alan

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used the foam tape trick when I replaced my low beam bulb and adjusted the beam. I spend a little time experimenting with foam placement and now have the cowl buttoned up tight, a little time spend really makes a difference, it has completely resolved the buzzing for me. :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
By pressing on the vibrating area I managed to locate the buzz. Out on the road, I picked up a twig and jambed it in, and it worked. I improvised by using a slice of wine bottle cork about 6-8mm thick wedged between the speedometer and fairning and got rid of my buzz completely.
Im just looking out for a black cork! to make it look better. Black rubber or neoprene would be ideal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts