Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to resolve it yet? The front cowling is different from previous models, otherwise I would have followed the tons of info that is already on the forum. Photos if any will be very appreciated.

BTW, the buzz started after 800kms and after I played around with the windshield.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 2009 started at around 700 miles, right at 3000 rpms....

lots of good threads on here about this topic!

·
Registered
779 Posts
New cowl, old problem. Sad to hear it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2010 has 2000 miles now. I only hear any dash buzz on decel at certain rpms.......and this is very rare. Each bike must have slightly different production standards?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ nathanwiley, did you fool around with the windshield or the guage in general. I did and that's when the buzzing started.

I know there are a lot of threads on the issue with older models but haven't seen anythin substantial on 2010 yet. Especially in terms of a solution with picutres.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've messed with the shield a lot (on and off) and even made some windshield brackets, but the buzzing doesn't seem to be affected by any of this. I would say when my bike was first being broken in the buzzing could be heard more often. Now that the engine has smoothed out considerably it is rare that I get any buzz.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so are you planning to do something about it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 2010 has 1700 miles and buzzes like crazy. It's making me crazy. I'm gonna tear it up soon to see what's causing it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will you be taking pictures as you go along?

·
Registered
87 Posts
To be honest I'm not a big picture guy. My arrow exhaust just shipped out. My idea is the loud exhaust will dround out the buzzing. Let's see. Lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
I get periodic buzzing, but rarely. Of course, with the useless windshield, the wind noise is so loud not sure I could hear the buzzing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts