Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forums. I’ve decided that the Versys 650 will be my come back to riding bike after about 10 years away. I’ve been looking for the stock orange color, I really like how it looks. I’ve found one at a dealership in Florida, only problem is I’m in Ohio. Has anyone ever bought a bike without even seeing it in person first? Are there companies that will inspect it for you? Last question is, what about shipping? Would I be wasting more money than it’s really worth just to get the color I’d like?

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Definitely get the color you really like. If you don't get off the bike and have to turn around to admire it, then you just bought transportation.

I assume you are talking about a used bike? If new, I have no issue purchasing out of state and have on many occasions. If used, I decide what I am willing to spend knowing that I might have to catch up on the maintenance that wasn't performed. Many dealerships do not recondition or even bring a bike up to where the maintenance needs to be before flipping it.

I would definitely drive down and inspect it before taking ownership if it is used, or maybe you could reach out to someone from Florida in this forum who could at least check it out and tell you how honest the dealer is being.

If the bike you are looking at does not come with the Factory Side luggage, make sure they are not calling it an LT. If it doesn't come with the side luggage and you want side luggage, this might be your lucky day. 2016 versys 650 side luggage This guy is selling the orange luggage at a bargain.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You may be able to find a member on here that lives close to the dealership that can check it out for you. And instead of having the bike shipped, I'd buy a one way plane ticket and ride the bike back home. That is if you have a couple days available to do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody. I guess I should have said that it was a used bike. I did think about doing the one way plane ticket thing. That would be a great trip back home. As far as potentially having someone on the forums give it a look, how would I start the process of finding someone? What section on the forums do you think would be the best to try and find someone?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Go to General V650 and post a new thread like "Need HELP" . Bear in mind its Covid lockdown period and you may need plan B

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Go to General V650 and post a new thread like "Need HELP" . Bear in mind its Covid lockdown period and you may need plan B
yeah, we are not really locked down in most of the US. We are practicing social distancing and some restaurants are limited. There are more people in masks now than there were when we were at the peak of the spread.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks everybody. I guess I should have said that it was a used bike. I did think about doing the one way plane ticket thing. That would be a great trip back home. As far as potentially having someone on the forums give it a look, how would I start the process of finding someone? What section on the forums do you think would be the best to try and find someone?
Thanks again
Post a link to the bike in your new "need help" thread and we can look at it and find out if someone in Florida is close to the dealer. Did you look at www.nadaguides.com to help with the value? Did you get the VIN from the dealer so you can get an insurance quote on it? Did you use cycletrader.com and other resources to search nationwide for Versys in the color you want?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts