Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I have finally found a couple of used Versys' in my area and am going to be checking them out shortly. I have never really looked at used motorcycles before and am looking for a little advice. I am using this guide to get me started. It seems to be pretty comprehensive. Almost overly so, as it seems to relate to bikes that are more than a year old ;).

I have two questions for you lot:

1. Is there anything Versys specific I should be looking for?
  2. What's the craziest\weirdest\worst\best (your choice) experience you've had buying a used bike?

I look forward to your input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would look at the tires for good tread. Brakes for adequate pad thickness and the rotors not scored or warped. Look for signs of abuse or poor maintenance. If it looks rough, chances are it has not been well cared for.

What do you consider "Normal Wear and Tear?" That is what the bike should look like.

Good luck.

Red

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
There's a black 2007 in Edmonton with only 2500 Kms and still on warranty for $5700 shown in Auto Trader; http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32438350&pgno=1&srt=1
It looks pretty clean and he's added handguards, a rear hugger, bellypan, radiator guard, low tinted windshield, and removed rear subframe supports... Is that an ABS unit I see up by the engine head? I thought it wasn't available in Canada.
I'd offer $5000 and go from there...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a black 2007 in Edmonton with only 2500 Kms and still on warranty for $5700 shown in Auto Trader; http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32438350&pgno=1&srt=1
It looks pretty clean and he's added handguards, a rear hugger, bellypan, radiator guard, low tinted windshield, and removed rear subframe supports... Is that an ABS unit I see up by the engine head? I thought it wasn't available in Canada.
I'd offer $5000 and go from there...
Nice, I didn't find that one. Will call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts