Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Utah where the riding season is mostly over and I've decided to buy a Versys. A few of the dealers here have new 09's in stock for around $6200 - $6700 OTD. I'm wondering if it would be best to buy now and risk that the 09's may be gone by March or wait until the 11's are out and see how they're priced and how the 09's are priced then if they're still available. Thoughts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live in Utah where the riding season is mostly over and I've decided to buy a Versys. A few of the dealers here have new 09's in stock for around $6200 - $6700 OTD. I'm wondering if it would be best to buy now and risk that the 09's may be gone by March or wait until the 11's are out and see how they're priced and how the 09's are priced then if they're still available. Thoughts?
Kawasaki is dumping '09s due to several dealership closures. Kawasaki has taken the unsold inventory from the closed dealers and sold them heavily discounted to the other dealers. Now is the time to buy since they are giving the dealers incentives to move them. You should be able to do about $300-$500 off the price you are looking at. I know a few months ago, the dealers had a bigger incentive than they do now. I know because I lost a little, paid more, because I waited.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
If your riding season is over why the hurry. Look around and you might get a better deal. 2011 will not come cheap so a 09 will be your choice if $$ is tight.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
With all do respect and IMHO....I love the original! Mine's a '09' Greeny.
(although the New Versys looks have certainly grown on me).
If all decisions in life were such 'happy' ones:D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The 09 and 011 are the same bike except for cosmetic changes. I don't think the rubber mounted engines on the '10's and up is worth the extra $3,000.00 or so. I bought an'09 about 6 months ago for $6,000.00 OTD. An '10 would have cost me close to $8,500.00.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There are some features I like more on the 2010s and up, but for the most part I prefer the original design. Since they are virtually the same bike, I'd buy the discounted new bike over paying more for a date. In fact, I did buy a discounted 09 and I feel great about it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This winter there will be a pristine green (fastest) '09 for sale in Colorado. Complete with a lowering kit, SW crashbars, and a SW top rack.

Unless a brand new one is absolutely required, you could probably do a lot better than the price you mentioned.

Just a thought.

V-Zee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my '09 in August at below $6,000.00 (plus CA taxes etc)..Now is the time as stated by others. Dealers are indeed dumping them for the 1010 Black, and the anticipated 1011 models.
Mine is '09 blue, but looks black at speeds in excess of 75 MPH - could be invisable at greater than 100 mph -on the track (not recomended of course).
Greg.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive bought new because:
1 3yrs interest free
2 New shape and up dates
3 didnt want to make a single payment
4 the newer version will hold its value better
5 less vibs and the newer one looks better and felt more comfortable.

Againsts:
1 Cost
2 You will have to pay out to get it serviced, to keep the warrenty
3 cant think of anymore.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you like the color- nail it- i sincerely doubt you will see a color like that coming around again anytime soon. (that was a compelling factor for me) The color scheme for the 2011 is already out- red-sih color agains black. If you don't like that then that makes it 2012- according to the Mayans- it is all over with anyway. So you might as well get some good riding in while you can. take the advice of others here and offer them at least $500 less OTD if you like the bike. You'll get a chance to ride before the real heavy stuff starts coming down.I lived in Pocatello Idaho- I remember riding in February on more then one occasion.

One last thing- there have been efforts by Kawasaki to correct some issues relating to this bike- like vibration. Since I ride an '09- I can't tell you if they were successful. The 2010'er are going to have to chime in here.

Anyway- good luck.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
WRONG on the Mayan calender Drumdaddy. I heard somebody somewhere miscalculated something and the date of our demise may have been pushed back by as much as 100 years. True story!:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
I personally don't like the Tiger looks like two bikes bolted together a speed triple rear and a tdm front end and that upswept exhaust is not good either, to hot under the arse on a lot day.

The v is lighter easier to ride but its parts are budget parts but then thats how its made cheaper. (look at the brake callipers and forks)

for what it is I would pick the v anyday

1 - 20 of 27 Posts