Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Speeding, Excessive Lane Splitting Speed. (85 in a 65)Past an CHP not sure if you can hear him chirp his siren, He falls in behind me then pulls up on my right. I look straight ahead like i never noticed him after some time he chirps his siren again. I look over give him a head nod and wait for it....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcnMRMVEXQ

·
Registered
99 Posts
How much does this kind of thing cost you in California?

This video would clearly demonstrate that weljo knew he was being pursued but rather than pull over, waited until he was caught and then delayed pulling over. Here in TN, that behavior could well fall under evading arrest, as a class E felony. Has a negative effect on insurance rates. Oh, and suspension of license for 6 months to 2 years.

I'm surprised California allows such behavior!!

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How much does this kind of thing cost you in California?

This video would clearly demonstrate that weljo knew he was being pursued but rather than pull over, waited until he was caught and then delayed pulling over. Here in TN, that behavior could well fall under evading arrest, as a class E felony. Has a negative effect on insurance rates. Oh, and suspension of license for 6 months to 2 years.

I'm surprised California allows such behavior!!

He wasn't pulling me over. He chirped at me. Pulled up next to me and chirped his siren to get my attention. Letting me know he gave me a break. If he was going to pull me over he would have hit his lights and siren. He was behind me for several more miles.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I think Joe's trying to show us that even though he was "over" splitting
& speeding the cop realised a tap on the siren brought things back into perspective & no further action was needed! (the cop was prolly on his way fro breakfast with his buddies so didn't have time to write a ticket!) :wink2:
What a shame some people have such a negative view of a positive situation....................:|

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Joe's trying to show us that even though he was "over" splitting
& speeding the cop realised a tap on the siren brought things back into perspective & no further action was needed! (the cop was prolly on his way fro breakfast with his buddies so didn't have time to write a ticket!) :wink2:
What a shame some people have such a negative view of a positive situation....................:|

Correct the cop could have screwed me big time. The speeding ticket alone with all the fees they have out here would have been around 500 bucks and the the speeding while splitting I'm not sure what that would have been. Did i deserve them YES I DID..But the cops here will let motorcycles slide a little as long as your not acting like a nut.So I'm off to buy my lottery ticket. :grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts