Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just turned 1000 miles on the Versys, and I’m slightly concerned about the smell of burning plastic coming from under the seat. I ride it to where I’m working temporarily (70 miles each way) and it’s just about all highway. After I got off the highway I smelled burning plastic, did a quick look over the whole bike and didn’t see any smoke or anything melting. When I rode home it smelled again when I pulled in my driveway. I took the seat off and it seems like it’s coming from around the battery area. I took my time looking over everything with a flashlight and I can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Has anyone experienced anything like this on their V300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've had a few "smell" issues over the years and on different bikes, and each time it was fortunately caused by a little bit of something that had gotten wedged in the exhaust system/header pipes somewhere and was slowly melting/smoldering away.

Reactions: dailybean

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a few "smell" issues over the years and on different bikes, and each time it was fortunately caused by a little bit of something that had gotten wedged in the exhaust system/header pipes somewhere and was slowly melting/smoldering away.
Forgot to update the day I found it. Apparently there is a sticker on my exhaust that for the first couple hundred miles was not an issue, and it’s now a molten pile of burning crap. So problem found and solved. Just had to scrape it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts