Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished building a pair of highway pegs for the Versy. I can send you photos via e-mail.

I used 1/4" x 1" flat steel stock for the brackets, bent to fit, bolted to the top engine mount on either side, and to the black fairing mount [both sides]. Powder coated flat black,,, my total cost was about $40 including the pegs [used]. They came out nice, and makes a big difference in "butt" comfort on a long ride.

I still have the aluminium "pattern" that I used to make the bends, free to anyone that wants it.

Trent
[email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't give this jackass any more pointers.

I'll probably get banned but so what...

Yea Trent... I called you a jackass!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here is my version. They are sturdy. I wouldn't stand on them but they get the job done if you want to stretch your legs out. They are not mounted at the bottom at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Stole your idea"?

Yep, stole my idea. Thanks. Bye the way, 1/4" won't hold up. You need at least 5/16".

Stole your idea? No,,, I never saw your "idea". I sat beside the bike and looked to see what would work. I figured it out on my own, all by myself.

The highway pegs I built are different than yours. And since they bolt to the engine mount and the bottom thing, 1/4" works perfectly well. One could jump up and down on them and they won't flex.

Send me an e-mail [[email protected]] and I'll send you the photos so that you can see that I didn't "steal" your idea. Nor do I have any interest in selling these. I made one pair for my bike only and if anyone wants [free] the "template" that I made they have only to ask.

Suggest you consider make inquiries before making unfounded accusations on a public forum.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It looks like I jumped to conclusions here and I apologize for my misgivings.

I have no dog in this fight BUT I think you MAY have. I had made up something that looks similar to both of these. Prior to adding my SW engine guards.

Now the Guard that I was selling was based on the one previously available on this forum. But was changed enough to avoid any conflicts. Or so I have been told.

Lots of good thinkers here and on most forums!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kenr74,

the place where you mounted the peg, is where I mounted my 'one piece big rubber' slider. So, that's where I step to stretch my legs during long riding. But I have to admit, the one you guys made looks more relaxing to the legs, as no need to up the legs so high.. May will try to do the same one day, if I manage to fing suitable material..

Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts