Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've been reading a lot about adding a windshield to a 2014 V, and I decided for the Givi D410ST I'm 6 feet, BUT the question is, I cannot find any information about the passenger and I ride with my wife and last time she got to many buffeting on the helmet to a point were the ride was not pleasant for her, will the Givi help a bit on the passenger too ?
The stock windshield did nothing and most of the ride she was looking down to stop some of the wind :S.
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have the same bike and the Givi shield. Yes it will provide more wind protection but I cannot imagine any wind shield would cast a wind shadow far enough back to reach the rear passenger. Is she wearing a full face helmet? If you're expecting to find a wind shield that will put you both in a cocoon of still air at 60mph on the highway I'm sorry to tell you it will not happen on the Versys. What a Givi shield will do is raise the wind shadow so the wind will hit the top of your helmet, but not your upper chest or neck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give it a try at least will get the air hitting her a bit above where the air is hitting her now with the stock shield and yes she is wearing a full face helmet.
Thanks !

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered the deflector, lets see how it goes, I'll need to wait tho the shipping to my country takes like 2 months :S
Thanks all !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts