Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
"blahwas" my new friend from Germany. Last Friday about an 1.5 hrs from my home in Sacramento Calif. Note the switch backs in the back ground. About 1.5 cars width wide, and no room for error. Can't be on a bucket list though cause I've ridden it many times. There are many to-do world class rides in California. And the best part is not having to rent or transport a bike and equipment to some far away place.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are so many wonderful places in the world!!
I rode a couple of the roads of that list: Stelvio Pass and San Bernardino Pass.
But in Dolomiti Mountains we have a lot of very funny roads (Sella Pass, Pordoi Pass and so forth..); in Tuscany there is a great road that ends in the Muraglione Pass; other funny roads are around Etna Volcano.
In USA I rode nice roads in Yosemite Park and US1 between SF and LA.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are so many wonderful places in the world!!
I rode a couple of the roads of that list: Stelvio Pass and San Bernardino Pass.
But in Dolomiti Mountains we have a lot of very funny roads (Sella Pass, Pordoi Pass and so forth..); in Tuscany there is a great road that ends in the Muraglione Pass; other funny roads are around Etna Volcano.
In USA I rode nice roads in Yosemite Park and US1 between SF and LA.

And now for an English lesson as you have requested. :)

Where you say you have 'funny' roads, the correct word is 'fun'.
Funny is used to mean humorous - as a clown in a circus is funny or a joke is funny.
The word you need here is fun, which is used to say something is enjoyable - as in, 'I had fun riding that road' or 'that is a fun road'.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Duffyduck,
you are lucky to live among such great roads.

And now for an English lesson as you have requested. :)

Where you say you have 'funny' roads, the correct word is 'fun'.
Funny is used to mean humorous - as a clown in a circus is funny or a joke is funny.
The word you need here is fun, which is used to say something is enjoyable - as in, 'I had fun riding that road' or 'that is a fun road'.
Thanks! This is exactly what I need :thumb: :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts