Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summer temps have started to cool a tad in the valley. 92 today so me and Mark headed up in the Sierra's to around 7k foot level.

First stop is Jones Store for one of their killer burgers.

Then up the road a little further to Globe Rock. Pretty darn unique as it's the only round rock in the entire area. Not to mention it is perfectly teed up for some Jolly Green Giant Links Play.

Bikes all ran good and my back seemed to hold up ok. It's been right at 3 months since my failed back surgery.

I am easing back into riding with 140 miles today being the longest I have ridden since starting to ride again about a month ago.

Time will tell if I will be able to continue to ride going forward. One thing for sure is I am out of riding shape. Still can go fast as before but get tired much more quickly.:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'd need to head over there and see it up close to know for sure, but that rock looks like it was probably left by a passing iceberg at some point, probably 12k years ago.

Cool stuff!

Glad to see you're getting some seat time.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd need to head over there and see it up close to know for sure, but that rock looks like it was probably left by a passing iceberg at some point, probably 12k years ago.
Perhaps the same iceberg that took out the Titanic.:surprise:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Heh... My ideas of ancient history do tend toward the radical, for now.

There are other instances like this, but I've not heard of any this far south. I'm pretty interested in seeing this in person.

·
Registered
331 Posts
see an' I thought you were gonna say ya hit 140 MPH today...... ah well, theres always tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see an' I thought you were gonna say ya hit 140 MPH today...... ah well, theres always tomorrow.
Yes it was a long strait. Down hill with a big tail wind. Plus drafting my buddy in front of me...Lol.

Don't think I would want to see a buck 40 on the little V.

Buck 15 is the best I have seen on the flat.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh... My ideas of ancient history do tend toward the radical, for now.

There are other instances like this, but I've not heard of any this far south. I'm pretty interested in seeing this in person.
Its a bit of a poke from your place.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,445 Posts
...my back seemed to hold up ok. It's been right at 3 months since my failed back surgery...I am easing back into riding with 140 miles today being the longest I have ridden since starting to ride again about a month ago...Time will tell if I will be able to continue to ride going forward. One thing for sure is I am out of riding shape. Still can go fast as before but get tired much more quickly.:wink2:
Glad you're 'back-in-the-saddle' Tim. DON'T push it, so you can continue riding a LOT longer!

:grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts