Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an FYI post if you're looking for a way to communicate with your backseat rider or a rider on another bike.

a friend of mine bought a set of these "BT Multi Interphone" bluetooth communicators. stereo, works in full duplex for intercom, works with your phone or gps, and is lightweight and water resistance. he paid $85 for the pair, gave it a glowing review, and i decided to try it out.

i bought a set from some overseas seller on amazon. note - they have a new version that's more expensive. i bought the old one and it set me back $90 including shipping.

it was stupid simple to set them up. charged them up, installed them on the helmets, went through the pairing procedure, and we took off for the late movie.

they are not perfect, but for 80 bucks they flat rock. there is some sort of DSP wind noise reduction, but i'm not convinced it works very well. we tested it up to 80mph last night and we could have a normal conversation at normal volume.

for the long rides (like the 3 day ride we have scheduled this weekend) these guys will be a lifesaver. huge bang for the buck.

don't bother listening to music on them, it sounds terrible. phone and communications sound fine however, even at speed (tested to 80mph or so)

i'll report back after next weekend on how long the charge lasts. they say you get 7 hours of intercom talk time. we'll see.

here's a picture of it installed on my scorpion exo-1000.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Looks like a good deal. I have a scala team and is at least twice as much. Some out of the box bugs. However, Scala customer service was excellent.

Only complaint, on a ride they just stopped working for a while. Temperature that day was very high (+100F). After a cool down stop (me and my pillion needed a cooling break) they started working again. They continued working without problems after that. My cell phone does that from time to time. Not sure if that is a feature (device just protecting itself) of a bug.

Just in case, agree in a set of hand signals before you head out. Just in case the thing gives up.

Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts