Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Cheers for the photo as it me that has my front on backwards so asked blipco for a photo.

What had happened was that put my wheel back on according to the correct rotation arrows of the wheelsbut bike shop had put tyre on backwards on the wheel and had not checked wheel rotation, also have been down with bad flu so my brain was not thinking straight as after I put tyre back on had a feeling it did not look right.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phil, you should be OK unless it rains.
I change my own tyres but I have never noticed the arrow in the wheel hub.
Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Phil, you should be OK unless it rains.
I change my own tyres but I have never noticed the arrow in the wheel hub.
Cheers.
The bike shop is going to change the tyre next week and agree with me that it is important the wheel rotation is going forward. Probably will not use the bike until I go into the shop next week and its only a 8km ride to there.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike shop is going to change the tyre next week and agree with me that it is important the wheel rotation is going forward. Probably will not use the bike until I go into the shop next week and its only a 8km ride to there.
Make sure they remount the tire and not just flip the rim. Double check that arrow.

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
Make sure they remount the tire and not just flip the rim. Double check that arrow.
AND that they actually re-balance it! (Take a pic of where the weights are NOW.)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Cheers for the photo as it me that has my front on backwards
People on cruisers do that and they call it "Darkside." They put the front tire on backwards and put a car tire on the rear. They seem to like the mileage from a car tire, no idea why they decide to reverse mount the front, but there are no end to the advocates of such procedures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts