Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just returned to biking after a few years.
My 2009 model Versys is so cool and I am busy running her in here in the UK.
Can't wait to get hold of some decent accessories for her :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good luck with the new toy

Welcome and have fun

Before you start running it in you might like to consider Motoman's very alternative method

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good luck with the new bike. Stay safe :)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
:welcome: aboard mate and enjoy your ride.

Go slow on the accessories as the list is endless.:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Welcome and have fun

Before you start running it in you might like to consider Motoman's very alternative method

Cheers :cheers:
Since car and motorcycle manufacturers have an army of engineers doing a boatload of testing. Plus most have racing programs as well I would be inclined to believe their engine break in recommendations and this guy has it wrong. He does not seem to have any supporters in the engineering community. Plus his argument that you need to run hard before the cross hatch pattern on the cylinder walls wears away does not really make sense as this would be a factor or revolutions of the crankshaft, not engine speed.

I'm not an expert, just suspicious of claims. I would expect if he was correct we would start to see car or motorcycle manufacturers endorsing his viewpoint which so far I have not.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I can see the logic in doing some hard acceleration runs (high Load, not high RPM) in the higher gears to generate high chamber pressures to seat the rings -- and the hard deceleration to vacuum out the cylinders -- but I don’t understand why (on his Dyno method) he recommends bringing it up to max RPM. To me that sounds nuts?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts