Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to break a steel key this weekend in my gas cap. I know that sounds crazy but it happened. Thankfully, I had just filled up the tank, and only had about 100 miles to get back to my hotel. While I was waiting for the Ferry, I pulled my trusty Leatherman out and managed to pry the broken piece out of the cap.
So now, I am looking to replace the cap with a keyless. I searched Ebay and found one, but it is located in Hong Kong. I don't think I should chunk money down for a part from Hong Kong right now given their recent turn of events.
I turn to the good members here for assistance.
Does anyone know a Vendor I could safely order this from?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I purchased mine from hong kong and recieved it in around 10 days. no problems at all looks great and with shipping it was 42 bucks total.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Thumper, I can't help with the gas cap, but can commiserate: same scenario as yours, but 5 miles from home. I had a spare for some reason, so the kids didn't have to come save me. I'm very careful now to not push on the key to close the cap!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
So now, I am looking to replace the cap with a keyless. I searched Ebay and found one, but it is located in Hong Kong. I don't think I should chunk money down for a part from Hong Kong right now given their recent turn of events.
?
From what i understand by a member here from Hong Kong , Lokto they are not affected by the quake.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
All the ones you see in my links fit the Versys. They either have 3 or 5 screw holes... In the 1st link, some are mistakingly shown with 4 holes but for the same applications, so just select a Kawasaki cap shown with 3 or 5 holes to make sure.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts