Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant to throw this out months ago, but got distracted. Saw my pics recently and remembered I was going to make a comment or two on the BT023s.

I've actually been liking the Bridgestone sport touring tires since the BT020s I had on my VFR years ago. The BT023s I put on my Versys have not let me down. In fact, I think they're excellent examples of tire evolution. They really are soft on the sides and harder in the middle. Track time, commuting, sport touring, and dyno time. I replaced the rear with 6000 miles of hard use. The pictures show the front still gripping with 6500 miles. I eventually replaced the front with almost 8500 miles and it wasn't to the wear marks yet. Just wanted the fresh feel and curvature back.

In these pics I have my Fly Banshee bend handlebars and modified Seat Concepts seat installed. I end up with an adjusted body position, but its still sporty enough. Ground clearance is the biggest restraining factor the bike throws at you. Even after removing the peg feelers I can't get a true edge shred on the rear. I could jack up a bunch of spring pressure front and back, but I don't like the way it handles with the suspension less compliant.

Anyway, not a thing wrong with the Bridgestones in my opinion. Wonder what the BT30s will be like.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had some Heidenau K73 SuperMoto tires and was never able to get rid of the chicken strips, even though I was way over. I now have the Michelin Road 4 s and am almost on the edge (within a 1/4 inch) and not leaning over any farther. I think the tire profile determines quite a bit of how much tire actually gets used. I personally don't worry about it - just have fun! Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
A big :thumb: for 023's from me as im on my 3rd rear 023 on my Ninja 1000 getting just under 10,000km a time and Versys is on its 2nd rear 023 and will be getting a 3rd rear this summer, the front on the ninja lasts about 15000 km. They are great in wet or dry and feel very secure on both bikes on very twisty conditions or on a track.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Jeez, if you "throw it into the weeds" on that road, you really do throw it into the weeds!

Mounted BT023s on my V a while back and like them a lot. They're more than good for my riding style which, at age 69, isn't as spirited as some of us. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
+ 1 on the BT023's
Confidence inspiring tires and, as somebody mentioned, a pretty good value compared to some of the other "big" tire companies' offerings...(are Shinko Ravens 009 or Conti Sports from "big" companies? :D ).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not BT023s but I put some BT016s on my Versys before my trip from Ny to NW AR and back through the Blue Ridge Parkway and now with 3400+ miles are just showing some wear. I dont think the 150 016 rear is the dual compound and it is just showing a little squaring but this is after many miles of straight highway droning. I will be putting more Batlax on when these are done.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am with the BT023 for the rear and have done 14k km and still has probably another 4k km of life. Front are T30, and it has very good grip on wet and dry. I will get the T30 for the rear.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had a set on( BT23) and while they gripped well I was disappointed in the amount of life I got from them.8000 miles and they were toast, compared to the 12500 out of a set of Michelin Pilot road 2's. The Conti motions I am currently running . The motions look to be giving me the same mileage at a far cheaper price. They grip as well ,I was riding the Dragon and every other named road or loop in that area for the better part of a week at STO/STN's national meet in Maggie Valley , running with the big dogs as it were.No issues even in the rain, If I get 7 to 8 k out of the Contis I may just throw on another set.:) Or I may go PR 4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts