Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Sunday we managed to work in a breakfast run to get some kilometers on the V and just generaly have some fun :D

On the ride was:

Me - V
Charl - R1200c BMW
Dirk - 650 BMW Dakar
Willem - VFR 800
Wade - Moto Guzzi
Chris (and his son Wesley) - FZX 750

With the weather looking like sunshine, but with the wind howling, I got up at 6am to meet Charl and Dirk in Observatory (It was cold and dark, and the Oxford heated grips was deffintiely a good investment). From there we picked up Willem and Chris on the M3 highway at a petrol station. Finally we met up with Wade and the Guzzi at his house and off we went.

Our first stop was in Simonstown for some big cups of coffee, and also to wait for Chris who had oveshot a turn-off and ended up in the wrong place... +1 to the guys that invented the cellphone.:thumb:

From there we continued along the Cape Point road, climbing some serious twisties and eventually dropping over the mountain down to Scarborough. At Scarborough we stopped for the well deserved breakfast of the "Breakfast Run". From there we did some more twisties over to Kommetjie and Soetwater and then on to Ou Kaapse Weg (Old Cape Way... just not the same translated). Back just before the M3 we stopped off and said our goodbyes to some of the guys. Charl, me and Dirk then continued on home via Tokai (twisties through the forest, nice... but alternating shade and sunspots made it tough to judge riding conditions now and then).

After saying goodbye to Charl and Dirk in Observatory, I hit the road to the Paarl to go for Sunday lunch at my brother in law's on the farm. By 17:30 I was finally home again.

On Sunday the V's kilometers had gone up from 103 to 478. Today it is on it's way to 600km, just 200km to go for the first section of the break in!

Attached some piccis of us getting ready to leave Simonstown, and then some piccies of us parked at Scarborough for breakfast.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but somebody in your riding group needs a motorcycle with some color!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who are we to go against what Henry Ford said? :p

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

Yes we also noticed that, me he he, hey at least the Dakar has some white in it! ...and some little blue blocks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like yall had a great trip:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.