Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing the brake light bulb with LED. Not sure whether to use RED or White. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
72 Posts
You are supposed to use the same color as the lens according to the website Superbrightleds. I used red and it looks great.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, I've used the fast blinking strobe but switched back to stock bulb, because although the strobe was eye-catching it wasn't brighter. Plus I thought a constant flashing brake light might be annoying to the vehicles behind me. I ride a lot in traffic since I commute and my morning commute is often before sunrise.
One can always mimic a strobe by pumping brake lever.
When I find an LED that both flashes and shines brighter when braking I might revisit the idea.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Uhm, how is a strobe red LED on the back of a motorcycle even legal? I feel like i'd get pulled over by a cop in a minute if i tried to ride with one of those things.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Police in my part of the world seem to give motorcycles a break when it comes to lighting - as long as colours are not red & blue.
I've seen everything else and no one complains (y)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I doubt if it could be illegal anywhere as you can partially replicate it by pumping the brake - which is what I always do when stopping while being followed closely by a car, to attract their attention. It must work as I have never been rear ended (so far). :oops:

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
72 Posts
There are brake light pulsing modules for sale.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the 1157 for what Versys? I looked up the brake bulb for the KLE300 and it shows 2357. Thank you :)
1157 for the kle300. Bulbs go by several different names though depending on whether or not youre in Europe/Asia/USA. See what bulb types are equivalent to 1157 where you are from... Theyre pretty standard. In any case i put the 1157 on mine a year ago and it works great, so i can definitely say that one works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1157 for the kle300. Bulbs go by several different names though depending on whether or not youre in Europe/Asia/USA. See what bulb types are equivalent to 1157 where you are from... Theyre pretty standard. In any case i put the 1157 on mine a year ago and it works great, so i can definitely say that one works

I looked further into it and the 1157 and 2357 are identical, from Sylvania they are the exact same bulbs in different packaging. non-led seems to have slight difference with same base, but the leds are the same. Thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been using a Swift brake strobe as an additional brake light on my bikes since 2013. I've toured all over the southeast from Florida to GA, TN, NC. KY & VA. I've never been pulled over or stopped for using them. As a matter of fact when I was pulled over for speeding once (he let me go with a warning) he commented that the brake strobe was a good idea. I put one on the X300 in 2017 and I just added one to my Can Am Ryker last year. Never had one burn out or fail.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Can Am Ryker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts