Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to switch to SS barke lines, rebuild calipers and replace pads. Would like suggestions on best value manufactuers, product model part numbers and where to purchase. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts
I put GALFER stainless lines (TWO on the front, so NO over-the fender line), and on the rear (REALLY improved the 'feel' of the rear brakes) on my '08.

On the front I added a spacer from the hardware store and longer bolts so my handguards would NOT 'foul' the SS brake lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fasteddie. Thanks for the info and photos.

Looking at Core lines made in USA. Front and rear set around $120. Anyone have experience with this brand?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I put Core lines on my 2008 650, about a year ago. I like the improvement in feel. I had to send one set of lines back because they leaked at the banjos. But the new ones have been fine. I would highly recommend them. Pay attention when installing them. At least for Gen 1 bikes, the line routing is entirely different. Just follow the directions, not how you think they should go.

Randy

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts
I replaced the pads on my Gen 1 w/ EBC HH pads, FA192HH for the rear [at 80,5xx miles I'm STILL on the OEM pads, and I DO use the rear brakes!], and FA229HH and FA231HH on the front. I also replaced the front discs at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts