Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, relatively new here. I've my bike for over a year with 10,000 miles on it. I want EBC HH sintered front brake pads, but am having trouble looking them up. The pads they told me would work at local shop, had one pin per 2 pads, Now, I see there are 2 pins per set of pads. would appreciate some help, my pads are really thin. Thank you!! sometimes they list the new versys parts, and sometimes they have nothing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello, relatively new here. I've my bike for over a year with 10,000 miles on it. I want EBC HH sintered front brake pads, but am having trouble looking them up. The pads they told me would work at local shop, had one pin per 2 pads, Now, I see there are 2 pins per set of pads. would appreciate some help, my pads are really thin. Thank you!! sometimes they list the new versys parts, and sometimes they have nothing.
Wow, I just went through this and got burned by it too! At least you are doing better than me (and hopefully didn't get burned). The local Kawasaki dealer told me the OEM parts are back ordered with NO estimated date of availability. Using Partzilla they had the OEM pads at approx $80/single set (two sets needed for the front). Ouch.

Long story short - The EBC part selector is messed up but I think the FA379HH pads are what's needed for a 2019 (and later) V1K. I had previously ordered the FA158 pads which are incorrect. I think, but not 100% sure, these are for 2018 and earlier V1K's. There are not a lot of the FA379HH pads out there - found these at Brakecrafters. Received them quickly and paid approx $80 for both sets. Half the price of the OEM's. Please note I haven't installed the FA379HH's yet - they look like the correct ones but proceed with caution.

BTW, I'll just give away the FA158's I have - bought them a year ago and don't have the receipt - shipping would eat up a lot of the cost anyway. First one to send a prepaid shipping label (domestic US only) gets them. PM me if interested.

EBC part finder link

Sleeve Bag Font Luggage and bags Magenta

Product Automotive tire Rectangle Font Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
16,331 Posts
I went with the Galfer HH Sintered Pads Front & Back on my 2016 V-1000. Sold the bike before they were needed so gave them to the new owner. Bought them off Ebay

·
Registered
253 Posts
The ones you are looking for your 2019 Versys 1000 are FA379HH. I have a set waiting to go on my Versys 1000 at the next tire change. I have 17k miles on my Versys.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
A few months ago I installed the FA379 HH pads on my '19 V1k SE as I was getting repeated glazing with the stock pads. I have about 6000km on the EBCs and the difference in performance over the stock pads is very obvious. Best of all, no more glazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts