Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering how many miles folks are getting from their front and back brake pads before replacing. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Just went out and looked at mine, that have just about 30,000 miles on them. Without removing the pads to ACCURATELY check remaining pad thickness, I get .150" remaining. When compared with NEW at .18" and SERVICE LIMIT at .04" in my service manual - I have LOTS left. The rear pads also have lots.

I'm retired, so when I go for a ride it's generally a LONG one, which may explain why I've used up so little of my pads. :thumb:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Commute daily but still got about 33,000 on front pads. Probably had a few thousand more in them. Replaced with OEM for $104.00.
Did the replacement myself. Well, kinda. I sat on the seat and pumped the brakes when my car mechanic friend told me to.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Never had a bike long enough to go through the brakes.:p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Commute daily but still got about 33,000 on front pads. Probably had a few thousand more in them. Replaced with OEM for $104.00.
Did the replacement myself. Well, kinda. I sat on the seat and pumped the brakes when my car mechanic friend told me to.
:goodidea: :D

Just a commuter, and I got about 25k out of the OEM fronts--they weren't completely shot, but I got my money's worth. Replaced them with EBC HH pads for about $80...wish I went with the OEMs.
OEM rear pads show some wear but are still alive....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good info

My car's factory brake pads lasted as about long as the tires ~60k
I was curious if it was the same deal for motorcycles (i.e. tires and brakes last 5-10k range)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the feedback. You guys are great. I am preparing for a 5,000 mile trip. Ive got 10,000 on the factory brakes. The brakes look good I was just curious of what to expect. Thanks again. Gregory

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
I appreciate the feedback. You guys are great. I am preparing for a 5,000 mile trip. Ive got 10,000 on the factory brakes. The brakes look good I was just curious of what to expect. Thanks again. Gregory
Where ya going???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Versys 650 2015 Normal touring on hilly curvy roads

Versys 650 2015 Normal touring on hilly curvy roads. I am replacing all OEM brake pads at 24000km (15000 miles). The rear is not fully worn. Also the brake fluid is changed. (DOT 4 to DOT 5.1, they are compatible with each other and the latter has a higher boiling point)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts