Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am about to install a "Back Off XP" brake light modulator, but need to know where the 12v wire for the brake lights are located along with the ground. If anyone has pics that might help me out, or has installed one previously and can walk me through where the wires are located I would appreciate it. Thanx

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
I have the Admore Light Bar. Its has a modulator,turn signals brake light etc,etc all in one had it under the Givi Top Case then moved it to above the license plate..

IMG_0463 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
112 Posts
ordered on of these today, I wish all motorcycles had them!

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I am not a fan of integrated tail lights. Every one I have seen in person has been very small and the signals almost not visible. I know they look cool, but they sacrifice the intended purpose - making the drivers behind aware of your intentions.

Something to consider before purchasing!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got your point Capn and it is true - the more the better...
But.
Not all of us want to ride a Christmas tree...
I use my stock blinkers with the integrated Blaster-X tail light. In addition to that I got an extra brake light in the Givi topbox. That is as far as I will go.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
But.
I use my stock blinkers with the integrated Blaster-X tail light. In addition to that I got an extra brake light in the Givi topbox. That is as far as I will go.
Sounds like you will be seen! Keeping your OEM blinkers as well, no chance your signals will be missed! :thumb: Most who install integrated tail lights strip the OEM turns because they want the naked look. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
But.
I use to think like that till i almost got run over from behind one night.:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed the back-off taillight blinker on the V last night. Took all of 5 minutes including a few sips on a beer. Road today with in the daylight so can't be sure if it works but I guess it's one of those safety features that you assume works because no one has plowed you from behind. Ride safe y'all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts