Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- I am new here and just got my new Versys today (I put 100 miles on it today). When I got home my wife wanted to sit on it. I said COOL. Well, she knocked it over. The front brake lever was broken (now only 3 fingers fit on it) and the Rear Brake Foot lever was bent. Should I go to the shop and order OEM or is there an aftermarket place I can get a cool set up? Maybe something BETTER? Help!:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
How many fingers??

Hi All- I am new here and just got my new Versys today (I put 100 miles on it today). When I got home my wife wanted to sit on it. I said COOL. Well, she knocked it over. The front brake lever was broken (now only 3 fingers fit on it) and the Rear Brake Foot lever was bent. Should I go to the shop and order OEM or is there an aftermarket place I can get a cool set up? Maybe something BETTER? Help!:confused:
Three fingers is one more than you need! :) You could just smooth the broken end if it's otherwise not distorted, or replace. I'm thinking of getting the Pazzo shorty levers available on eBay for both sides.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Been there. Got the t-shirt. My wife dropped mine twice! She was too short to get her legs under her and support the bike when coming to a stop. So - assure her that she's not alone!

In any case - you can get the front brake lever pretty cheaply at BikeBandit. It will take you about one minute to replace.

As for the rear brake, just put some vice grips on it (for leverage) and gently bend it outwards.

Edit: You might look at the Zeta pivot levers. They have short ones too.... I haven't seen any mounted on a V - but would love to know if they fit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Put 140 miles on today and the 3 fingers worked fine. Was kind of nervous to bend the brake pedal. I thought it would break like the lever????? Worth a shot!
Zetas look cool

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the info. Put 140 miles on today and the 3 fingers worked fine. Was kind of nervous to bend the brake pedal. I thought it would break like the lever????? Worth a shot!
Zetas look cool
The foot pedal (rear brake) is steel. You should be able to bend it back OK. standard disclaimers apply

The clutch and front brake levers are cast aluminum. They snap pretty easy...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I haven't had mine dropped (knock on wood) but I did replace mine with Pazzo Levers. Best mod as far as feel from the brakes and comfort I've made so far (I just got the Steel brake lines in so those are next).

Great stuff. Expensive, but the feel is sooo much better. I'll try to post up some pics of them on my bike.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here's a couple pics. The bike is in the process of being washed in the pics so don't mind the dirt. First pic is of the bike. Second and third pics are of the Pazzo levers they are both the long levers also the bar ends are the Manic Salamander bar ends with the throttle lock. If you want some more pics I think I have a couple more.

Here's the Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here's a couple pics. The bike is in the process of being washed in the pics so don't mind the dirt. First pic is of the bike. Second and third pics are of the Pazzo levers they are both the long levers also the bar ends are the Manic Salamander bar ends with the throttle lock. If you want some more pics I think I have a couple more.

Here's the Pics:
If the levers hit during a drop, do they pivot forward?

·
Registered
318 Posts
They do pivot forward a bit but have not tested them in a drop (and hope not to ;) ). They are not like the CRG's which fold up but I had these levers on my '05 ZX6R and they were by far one of my favorite mods so when I saw them available for the Versys, I had to order them.

This is the only place I've seen them online for order. Pazzo's website doesn't even list them. Pazzo has said they make them but these guys are selling them for 20 dollars cheaper with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pazz...013QQitemZ230273193889QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
41 Posts
New levers?????

Replace the WIFE first!!!!

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice! I'm planning on swapping mine out this winter. Let us know how they are working out for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.