Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2 line set of brake lines for the front of the Versys, and would like to see some pictures of how you guys have routed the lines, particularly the line to the left caliper. Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
front brake lines

I just did mine this week and I am doing the rear today. Are you having a problem getting the smaller cable to fit without twisting the brake line a little. Mine did not line up without a little twist.
I have 25 years in the hydraulic aircraft installation and it works for me.

questions ? Cb

·
Registered
643 Posts
On the older bikes I have owned in the past, I always changed the brake lines to steel braided. I considered twenty year old rubber lines as possibly unsafe.

In theory, steel braided lines will not expand like rubber lines under pressure, thus you will have better brake feel at the lever/pedal. And they are more durable. I probably won't be changing my lines any time soon, my brakes seem fine to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I have the oem brake lines but would like to know what % increase in brakes people that have changed lines think they get. The brakes work fine for me a bit woody at times but does the job.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
SUS Braided lines are actually Teflon line which doesn't flex or expand, where else the original rubber hose doest expand, but how much depends on the braking force.

I got the back brake line on SUS Braided and it makes some difference.

Still working on the front.

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Would change front if it was worth it, as probably do 90% of my braking on front but would like to here from somone else who has changed and mainly uses front brakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts