Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well almost. I still need to add some tie downs on the tops.

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I am going to give them a try out starting next Friday. Along with your shield. I am planning on taking a scoot out towards Moab, Ut. and then north to Idaho.
:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
They will be getting a tryout here in the next week or so. If everything goes as planned I am thinking about adding some LED's. Amber to the side and Red to the rear.

Just to get me through the next couple of weeks I am putting a 3" or so Red stick on reflector and an Amber approx. 4" x 1.75" sticker on both sides. I wanted to use some tape but I only had time for one quick stop after work tonight so it is what it is.

: )

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm wondering if those locks are going to vibrate around alot and wear off the paint while your riding.
You might take some large heat shrink and put it on the locks to help prevent rattle jmho
Boxes look awesome and have a safe trip with pics to follow!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The locks have Industrial grade (probably from Wally World...lol) Velcro on the back holding them to the box. I am hoping that it will keep them from marking them up too bad. Personally I would have left them unpainted and just coated them with clear coat. But the Boss errrr wife thought otherwise....:)

I do not take lots of pics but I am sure I will take a few. I really have no idea where I am headed. I have not even looked at a map yet. Usually I spend weeks planning a trip. And then not follow the route any way...LOL

Have a Great night and thanks for the comments.

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
:thumb: Box look good and practical and my only concern is the LOCK.
Look like a mismatch, pardon me for saying, would like something that will flush with the box to give a great look. Otherwise all OK and have a safe ride/trip.

:cheers:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am having mixed feelings about the locks. They look kind of tough so that isn't all bad. But then they also look big and out of place. I will probably look for something different when I have more time. This next week or so will be a good test for them.

Have a Great night.

Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
Might possibly look into some style of locking latches used on boat hatches. Most are recessed for a clean look.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tip. I will remember that. We have some pretty fancy boat places up this way so that will help.

Have a Great night

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts