Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I first saw/rode a Versys when a Kawasaki rep had one for demo rides at a track event back in 2008, and I was immediately smitten. I watched prices and kept up on the forums (mostly this one) just waiting for the right deal. Yesterday I got a brand-spanking new Candy Plasma Blue 2009 Versys for an OTD price of $6679. They will prep it Monday, and I can pick it up Tuesday (or when it stops raining here in Atlanta!). I'll try to post photos later.

If any of you are in Atlanta, I will tell you the going price is about $6600 for '09s. Several dealers have stock they have to move. I went to Millennium Cycleworks and they were great. Another dealer tried to get me to bite on $7400, then was mad (actually called to admonish me:blah:) when I struck my better deal. Too bad, so sad.

I am so thrilled about this one, and the outrageous praise I keep reading helps me feel good about buying the Versys. I'm sure many of you will agree that this forum is so helpful in providing a lot of insight into the numerous positives and the few things to address.

I do have a question: Is there an aftermarket extender for the rear part of the front fender? I read on a post that someone didn't like that rocks were hitting his radiator. Just wondering.

So, I'm happy to be part of the Versys family, and can't wait to ride!

Gary

·
Registered
40 Posts
New Versys.

Gary,

I have a candy blue Versys also, I have had it since October. I have had 7 motorcycles in my lifetime, this bike is by far the best. There is a rear fender extender, just do a search for it on the site here. Thanks, and welcome to the fraternity. The Best GV09

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congratulations on your New Bike. Plazma Blue is my favorite color. I had picked mine up April 4th 2009. Front Fender extention is Fenda Extenda. I'm cheap and working on molding my own home made extention. Likely will not be as ellegant but I,m lookiong at protection to my Radiator and keeping some of the Mud/sand off the from motor. Cheers on your new wheels.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome from Roswell, GA. Let's go hit the mountains, as soon as it warms up a little!

·
Registered
357 Posts
What did they say in their admonishment call? "Hey you saved over $700 on the same exact bike we have for sale, You're gonna regret it!"

Good bike for the money! Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another New Versys owner

I just bought a Candy Plasma Blue '09 Versys on Saturday. So, it is everything I thought it would be. I had been watching multiple discussion forums and was having a hard time deciding between this and the V-Strom, but since I don't plan on doing a lot of off-road riding, thought the Versys would end up being more fun.

Looking forward to breaking it in. I'm also interested in some the aftermarket options that help reduce normal wear and tear. I plan on keeping this bike for the long haul, and teaching my son to ride with it in ~10 years.

Anyway, happy to finally join the club.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You are going to enjoy this bike immensly! It does everything well, light touring, twisties, etc. I can't wait till spring when I can take it on a camping trip on the BRP. I spent the winter getting the necessary equipment to do that:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Woohoo.. put the deposit on my versys today also. Gonna pick it up next week. No hurry with this craptastic weather in Atlanta lately

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Awesome! Once the weather clears a bit let me know and we will take a run up to the mountains!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on your EXCELLENT choice! Get ready to strain your smile muscles :clap:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great! Now we have snow coming to Atlanta tomorrow. I wonder if I can pick it up on Saturday as I planned? My fellow Atlanta Versys owners here in town can attest to the fact that a dusting brings this city to its knees mainly because we have no snow clearing equipment.

I've been here since 1972 and it's always the same. It snows and all my co-workers from the North complain about Southerners not knowing how to drive in the snow.:blah: What they won't admit is that mostly the Northerners who venture out to drive in the stuff. Southerners know the threat of snow means 'Holiday' and they stay home after a night of clinking glasses!:cheers::cheers:

Hope it all just blows over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brought it home this afternoon and it's safe in my garage. Warm weekend means I get to log miles both days. I can't wait until I have it fully broken in and can start to really ride. Very cool bike, as you all undoubtedly already know!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'll hit the road tomorrow

I bought my Versys second hand in October, but have only been able to pet it every time I pass it in the garage.

Having licenced and insured it from tonight till mid October I will hopefully go for my first real ride tomorrow. :)

I got the premium Olympic plates just because the number started with "V".

See you on the road!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts