Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mentioned this in a previous post, but I'm on the tall side (6'3"). I bought my bike used and it had been lowered by the previous owner. I'm considering raising it to stock height. Any taller riders have an opinion on this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm only 5'10 and I raised mine back to normal. Removed the lowering link and put the forks back to where they have to be. IMHO the bike handles better than lowered, and I don;t have a problem reaching the floor.

Go for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just lowered the rear and left the forks stock to reduce the forward slant of the seat. It made a big difference. Not the best but I can at least last 2 to 3 hours now instead of just 30 minutes of seat time. It still handles great to me also. Everyone just has to get their bike set up best for their needs and comfort.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
225 Posts
I removed the lowering kit from mine as soon as I could - I'm still flatfoot on both sides at a standstill, but it's definitely better. I didn't spend much time with it lowered after I bought it.

Make sure you get a new stock kickstand (assuming yours was cut to match the lowering). I don't think you'll have any concerns.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 6'1" 32" inseam, and I can flatfoot my (stock height) V. It does get heavy after about 250 miles per day though, especially when loaded down with gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess one thing I haven't considered is that bringing the height back up will increase the forward tilt, and one issue I've heard (as E327 alluded to, I think), is that the forward tilt of the seat can smoosh parts of the body against the tank that are better unsmooshed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts