Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
it does helps with reducing popping, because it enriches the air/fuel mixture. however, in my opinion, taking the O2 sensor out, helps as well, because the bike in not switching back and forth between the open to close loop. Booster plug does not work in the closed loop, only in the open loop. Theoretically, upon deceleration, the ECU enters the open loop, but that transition is not always smooth and can be jarring. blocking the Pair Valve also helps with popping because the air is not injected into the exhaust.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I misread what the product description was stating (the PAIR situation CAUSES the popping with aftermarket exhaust and the delete fixes this). My bad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone tested different locations for best results. Currently have mine fitted under the seat next to the ECU.

·
Registered
800 Posts
both BP and Pair delete help reducing popping. some of the popping is caused by Pair Valve injecting fresh air into the exhaust. But the 300x is not really popping. At least not with Akra slip on that I run without DB killer.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts