Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was down in Tampa for Christmas visiting family. It was nice as could be in the low 70s and dry on the coolest day in the 80s the rest. At night it dipped into the high 60s. Will I was over at a shop to see what they had and there were a couple of Squids whinnying that it was too cold to ride! I had more than I could stand after having left Ohio with a foot of snow and 12 degs so I looked at them and told them to go buy a Buick if 70 to 80is too cold for your pansy little asses to ride a bike! They look at me like I was crazy and the guy behind the counter laughed his butt off. I did tell them about "Home" and my bikes had been parked for a couple of months and I'd about kill for this weather.

On that note it looks like it will be in the upper 40 maybe 50 tomorrow so I think I'll drag the KLR out for a ride! :yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Its going to be a horrible 48 degrees in the morning...Just wondering Mesh Jacket with liner or Kilimanjaro Jacket..It'll only be 78 degrees tomorrow down from 80+ today.:teetertooter::teetertooter:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Live in Nc can ride year round.When living in Philly years ago motorcycle was only means of transportation we use to have to ride year round.Lived in The Tampa area for about 4 years the weather might of been nice but they have the most boring roads to ride. I would rather ride in the cold up north than the warm weather on those roads in Tampa.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Its going to be a horrible 48 degrees in the morning...Just wondering Mesh Jacket with liner or Kilimanjaro Jacket..It'll only be 78 degrees tomorrow down from 80+ today.:teetertooter::teetertooter:
Joe - MESH w/ a heated jacket liner underneath (and ON, at least for the AM part...), till you don't need it, then remove it and let the breezes in....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Went out for a short 150 mile trip thru Harper's Ferry to Charlestown,WV. It went up to a warm 53F today. :D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Running errands the other day and a cashier was surprised I was riding. I laughed and told him 46 degrees was a treat compared to some of the days we've had. Yesterday it was 67 when I headed out but that was tempered by the fact that it was raining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts