Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out on the venture to give the V a little more performance, added a Muzzy and found it to be too loud on long rides. Went ahead and ordered an Arrow muffler because I saw that I could take the baffle out or leave it in to me like. Worked well and then I added a BMC airfilter, got a little better; last Sunday on a medium ride she gave me 84 kms/gl. (52.17 mi/gl) with half modest speed and other half at around 140-155 km/hr. Pretty good so far.

This week I got the Arrow head pipes in (headers) and installed them, WOW :thumb: Seems like the V liked the combination of the Arrow full system with the airfilter, she pulls strong from 2500 rpm on 'till 10k. :yeahsmile:

This is a whole different bike altogether, it doesn't feel like a 650 twin anymore, more low to mid and on top where she was dead untill the headpipe.

I will not add a PCIII beacuse she don't need it, I am very satisfied with the performance and felt very compelled to share this experience with everybody here.

Also the price for the complete system is not that bad, worth every penny with the airfilter IMHO.

Versysshop.com supplied the headpipe seperate from the muffler so you can get what you want.

Now I jut need to add the Spiegler red brake lines with the red banjos that I have sittin' in a box and the brake pads to complete the performance mods for now.

All we need now is suspension mods to become available and she will be complete.

Cheers

·
Registered
451 Posts
got links to where you got your mods?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, that was US GL. and the mileage without the headpipe installed; I think it will get even better.

Links: www.versysshop.com www.indysuperbikes.com

The model bike you can use is the 650r ninja for the exhaust and airfilter only untill some places update the model lineup. Vshop does have it under the V.

You can see pics of the system on the Vshop site, very nice. Sorry, don't have any pics of it yet myself.

Hope it has been useful and I can't keep saying what a bike it transformed into :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, it does not but mine is the US version, don't know if that has any difference. Maybe you can check out Arrow's web site and check it out.

Cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Invader, Thanks for pointed that out. for some reason, I though I saw an O2 sensor when I was changing the oil.

Sorry for the confusion -- old age is catching up

Cheers,
Colin

·
Registered
52 Posts
It would be awesome if someone had the ability to post several options for slip-ons and full systems, with sound clips and performance numbers. Many sport bike sites do this, instead of trying to listen to bad sound clips on YOUTUBE.
I have asked several different people, HOW DOES THIS SYSTEM SOUND?
MUZZY and JARDINE = LOUD
AKRAPOVIC = tinny and expensive
TWO BROS and FMF = Deep but dirt bike big single thumper sound
Scorpion = Loud, but good

These are the general impressions from people, and all pipes offer very modest gains in performance, but I have heard zip about the Arrow system. You say it offers performance improvement, but what does it sound like? I would like to put on a system that doesn't sound too loud, or make it sound like a dirt bike or wheezing bird, or some ugly fart-can that destroys the look of the bike. There are several cans avaliable from European markets if one has the money (ARATA, BARRACUDA, MTC) but no sound clips. FRUSTRATING

The only company I found that offers a sound clip is Bruce Engineering

http://www.customridefx.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Ninja-650&Category_Code=Exhausts-Bruce-Kawasaki&Store_Code=CRF

The pipe looks really cool, price is not bad either, but no idea how loud or performance gains. If I had to buy based on a gut feeling, the Arrow or the Bruce would be my choice.

Can You Post A decent Sound Clip Please?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sound clip I don't think will do it any outright justice, the arrow full system sounds very nice and has a removable insert incase you want it louder. The sound in my opinion is as best it will get because of the parallel twin and cc configuration (can't and won't sound like a v-twin). Above all, the performance is very good, youo can now get the mst out of the motor (stock won't rev to red line and it will with the mods) and the bike keeps up and then some with the bigger dual bikes. It just makes the V that much better.

Another tip; just switched out my tires and put on some Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT and WOW, more grip, more security, more comfort, etc... than the stockers.

Cheers

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts