Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm what might be termed a BOB - Born Again Biker. Rode bikes through Uni and only sporadically in the 20 years since. Never really lost the bug and wanted a good commuter, tourer and general all purpose bike. Eventually settled on a silver Versys after a long research and loving every second of it.

I live in South Africa with the perfect climate for bikes (certainly beats my Scottish home!) and 1000's of great touring miles available in the sub-continent.

Reading through all your experiences and posts - some great ideas and tips out there....

Cheers
Dave:thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome Dave,
How about posting up some pictures of your Silver V? I think I like the silver the best:welcome:

·
Registered
65 Posts
BOB, too funny!! :welcome: Dave and enjoy your new sled!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's me and my sliver Versys leaving home.

No farckle yet, long list coming, but here's top of my list for now::yeahsmile:
Auxiallary lights going on this weekend, bit like someone posted here.
Auxially power point going on too, along with fuse block and ignition powered relay.
Motech crash bars, or similar.
Mirror widening kit - can't see behind me all that well, Motech does one.
Givi top box and panniers (E460 and V35's respectively).
Hand guards - not sure which ones yet, following the posts and deciding which I like best.
Liked the idea of raising the fron seat mount - family jewels take a bashing under hard braking, thought it was just me...
When my tyres give up, will probably go for a set of MT60's. Will look at what other folk have done before finalisingmy choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ey Dave,

:welcome:

Where in SA are you? I'm in Western Cape and ride from Durbanville to Parow on my daily commute, I've only seen one other Versys on the road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Jhb, Olivedale to be precise. My commute is from there to Midrand - 30km which can take over an hour by car in rush hour.

I see two other Vesys bikes quite regularly - one green one black

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ja, same reason I got the V.

Depending on which road I take it's either 17 or 22km to work. Coming in on the N1 in the mornings is semi ok in a car, about 6km of driving 0-3 km/h, then it opens up a bit, and then traffic starts standing still again right by the offramp next to my work :D (Then it's about another 20km into town probably, so the people sitting in that traffic must be zombies, no way one can do that daily and not be affected) . Going home was rarely under an hour.

anyways, welcome, and have good day :thumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I cut my afternoon commute from an hour and 45 to 35 min.
I work near linksfield offramp (N3) and take the R21 past O.R Tambo home in the avi.

The traffic in the afternoon is insane,My V increased my afternoon time with two hours,now I can get my fat ass in the gym woohoo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts