Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 10/19/2014...Heading out to check on the progress of the new shop we are opening in Riverside. A BMW M4 smokes a guy on a sportsbike on the 91E just before the 5. My girlfriend couldn't believe there were no cops in the area. There are usually several cop cars pulling people over in that strip of road. The bike caught up to the car when they had to slow down for traffic. But once they had room the BMW took off and left him again...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRbhBaw4q0&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The only way a M4 could smoke a sport bike is the bike didn't know they were racing. An average Jap 600cc sport bike will do the quarter in the 10s and top out around 160. The M4 can't even match it in top end and is about 3 seconds slower in the quarter.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only way a M4 could smoke a sport bike is the bike didn't know they were racing. An average Jap 600cc sport bike will do the quarter in the 10s and top out around 160. The M4 can't even match it in top end and is about 3 seconds slower in the quarter.

Found out it was a 6 series not a 4..Whatever i saw the BMW beat that bikes ass....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
A few cars can beat a sportbike top end but no car can match a sportbike under 120 mph. I have a couple of local Viper drivers I like to humiliate.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few cars can beat a sportbike top end but no car can match a sportbike under 120 mph. I have a couple of local Viper drivers I like to humiliate.

We were at the dodge /jeep dealership yesterday. Glanced at the vipers. I don't think i could get one leg in that thing...:) We bought the boy a car from the bmw dealership that the car in the video had a tag from i showed the sales manager the video. He said that that color tag only goes to certain customers.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They had a Top Gear video McLaren, Porsche and Ducatti. Duck ate 'em both until it hit the rev limiter at 190+. With good riding the Versys will take most Corvettes in the 1/4 mile. There are some out there like Z06s and such that are faster. The Versys probably won't quite make 120 but the stock C6 will do 190 so once you hit the open road they are gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts