Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had many bikes. Currently have R1200RT...looking to downsize?..How does the 1000 LT
compare as a touring bike? Want a little lighter and more nimble even thought the RT is
nimble at speed. Convince me to change. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS THREAD YOU STARTED. THANKS.

WEJO WILL ANSWER YOU QUESTION, HE IS THE GUYS WITH THE 1KV:wink2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the1000LT weighs 550lbs with 33.1 inch seat height. What is the weight & seat height of the your Beemer??

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Had many bikes. Currently have R1200RT...looking to downsize?..How does the 1000 LT
compare as a touring bike? Want a little lighter and more nimble even thought the RT is
nimble at speed. Convince me to change. Thanks

First off, Welcome! The 1000lt is a nice option for you to consider. It's a mile muncher, but you may miss having shaft drive for the ease of maintenance. The 1000 is pretty top heavy, but once your are underway the weight disappears. The inline for is an extremely smooth engine. Pretty much bulletproof. Try and ride one and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2017 Versys 1000

Just got used versus 1000 2017..Been reading all posts for info. Sold my BMW R1200RT to get this bike.
Loved the BMW but wanted something more flickable. Just finished wiring up heated grips and a fuse box
for a BMW type side plug for heated vest and charging battery. Love the bike also but at high speeds
have the buffeting everyone talks about. Currently it has the Puig touring. So, here we are in 2020 so
what are all the 1000 owners using at this time?

Been fun reading all the mods to everyone's bike

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome: I have a 2016. I put a Tall V-Stream on mine at first. Around city i kept it in the low position and raised it if doing a lot of freeway. BTW I'm 6'2" with a 32-33" inseam. Later i got a good deal on a Medium V-Stream and put it on and have just left it that way. I prefer the larger screen but have been too lazy to switch them out. I'll ad a couple of videos with the tall screen one in the low position and the other in the raised position. It was extremely windy in both videos..

Raised position...

low position..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the two pics--alot of different ways--i already have the puig touring so i may try to shim up the bottom
and change that angle--

·
Registered
807 Posts
thanks for the two pics--alot of different ways--i already have the puig touring so i may try to shim up the bottom
and change that angle--
Madstad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts