Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on the forum, but couldn't find the post.

Who knows what the part number is for BMW grips for the Versys handlebars (Throttle 1", Clutch 7/8") ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Anyone know how much the BMW grips are? Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Stlee, thanks Bones.

Can it be that search terms need to be more than 3 characters? A search on "BMW" provides no results. :confused:

To allow us to search for it, the company needs to write out their brand abbreviation: Break My Wallet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
BMW parts #32721458395 left, 32721458396 right. Also fits ST 1300. $ 10.50 each.
Don't leave home without them. The only thing BMW does right that I can afford.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At first I tried to locate a local BMW MC dealer, so I could pick up locally and not wait a week on a shipment. In the end I discovered that the one that was here closed a while ago and the BMW car dealer saying their parts department might be able to help me was full of ... eh... it.

Finally I called the dealer that Bones had recommended: Bob's BMW in Maryland, 800-BMW-BOBS. The guy (yah, I forgot his name...) helped me very quickly, curteously and accurately; he verified the type of grips and handlebar diameter, to make sure I would get the correct ones. He said they would ship today and probably arrive tomorrow.
Awesome service.
I could have saved some time just listening to Bones' recommendation. :rolleyes:
[/Business plug]

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a thin foam slip over grip on my V. It increases the diameter of the grips enough so that my big ole hands don't get cramped up. The other benefit is that what few vibes reach the bars is subdued nicely.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really like the look of those BMW grips.

I ran gel grips on my ST1100 for a few years, but I had trouble with them melting from the eletric heaters that i had installed under them. My gloves would stick to the grips, and I'd find myself "peeling" the gloves off of my grips when I stopped! They finally wore out, and I replaced them with OEM Honda grips. I wouldn't use gel grips again as I like the grip heaters too much.

The OEM Honda grips cost $22-$23 delivered, so about that same amount as the BMW grips. . . .

GDI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts