Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been though a couple SMH10 Senas and have 10S currently after i left the power charging port open in a rainstorm on the last one. I unlatched one and it was run over by a car behind me yet still worked other than the rotor button.

Sena's have all been good for me, reliable, run's all day and people can hear you clearly. Range is plenty for my needs. I also use a SM10 for connecting non bluetooth devices (used to use it for radar detector).

I typically ride with 2-3 other and the SMH-10 connects to everyone in a group fine so long as you pair them correctly per the directions.

The SMH-10 is pretty reasonable and works well, no need to get anything more honestly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SMH-5FM with the FM radio so I can listen to traffic reports when commuting. Callers are always surprised when I tell them they are talking to me while riding. I've had it for maybe 5 years with no issues in all weather.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've had an SMH10 for about 7 years. I have never had a problem with it at any speed, and can hear/talk just fine even at 70MPH and above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Fodsport M1-S Pro and I'm very happy with it. It does everything: Music, Google assistant, and talking up to 8 people.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just bought a Packtalk Hold Duo. It was last year's model, so I saved over $150.

·
Registered
2013 v650
221 Posts
My Sena 10's say that it has to be a motorcycle gps (Zumo series) not sure on Tom Tom units. Just a bluetooth connection may not do it. My Nuvi with bluetooth for the phone, traffic, weather, will not connect to my headsets for turn by turn directions. Find the owners manual for the gps you are looking at and see if it has directions on how to connect to a helmet headset

·
Registered
73 Posts
My nuvi is not compatible either. I hate to spend the money for a Zumo when I like the nuvi. The nuvi has a mush larger screen. I may just have to use my I Phone for turn by turn.
Thanks Jeff
Civit

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use a Tomtom Rider 550 with my 10s. You can’t connect the phone and the rider 550 at the same time however. It just supports one Bluetooth connection to either of them. You can pair the phone to the Rider550 then to the Sena.

I prefer the Tomtom’s for the mydrive planning via website or app and then having it automatically sync into the device without having to plug everything together, it just does it on it’s own once connected to wifi, including updates.

Sena’s connect fine to all phones and you can then get voice directions into the helmet via google maps or apple maps. You can also use SIRI or Google voice to ask for directions on the fly if that’s what you prefer.

I would look at the Sena directions for your 20, it may support multiple Bluetooth connections for your phone and gps. You have to pair the GPS like you would a phone to get the voice guidance. You also have to set up voice priority’s so if you’re on intercom it isn’t overriding the gps because that’s priority one. You can enable them to stream multiple audio sources at once so that won’t happen. It’s in the manual. Otherwise if you connect to friends you’ll not hear the gps voice guidance.

The best feature on that tomtom is the gas station bar on the right, so easy to plan fuel stops with that.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts