Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bout it guys? Any interest in a ride on Sunday September the 7th up to the parkway? I was thinking about meeting around Winston Salem and running up and over and back.Any interest or any ideas would be great.Thinking of it being a day trip with a stop for lunch and stuff.Weather should be cooling then. Open to suggestions:thumb:

James

·
Registered
117 Posts
Skeeter,

As long as you seasoned veterans dont leave me in the dust!! I am definitely interested....keep me posted as well. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I might be able to join y'all if it's early. The Mrs. is a night nurse and she works that night.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am working on a route now. I am thinking meet in Winston Salem around 9 am. If this is to early let me know. No pressures on anyone this is just a greet and ride at your own pace kinda deal. We can decide as the day goes on if everyone would prefer. I will put a tentative route together and post it and see if anyone has anything to add.

James

·
Registered
312 Posts
James,

I'd really like to join you guys. I'd say I'm about 90% there right now, but I hope to nail it down today or tomorrow.

For what it's worth, I vote on including Squirrel Spur on the route. I always like to ride that road when I get a chance. I haven't ridden it on the V yet, but it was a blast on my KLR. I even had fun on it on a HD Heritage Softtail that rented a few years ago.

There's tons of good roads north of Winston-Salem, though, so we really can't go wrong.

BTW, Highway 89 through Stokes and Surry Counties is also a lot of fun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sounds like most of you guys are south of me here . I am about an hour or better south of Asheville,NC . If you guys are planning on running north on the BRP , I would be up for running south and meeting up for lunch or something like that .

Dragonbreath ,

I still can't believe you sold your KLR bro . Hope you like your V as much as I do mine . I am reduced to noodle and butter for meals to keep my KLR . Just kidding . I like them both , one as well as the other .

Da-Silva and Tsunami ,
UH....UH..., why do you think they call me PO-SLOKE ? lol . We could hook up and bring up the rear . Hec , that's how I always get gas money home . I just tool along behind and sell of the pieces and parts the fast guys loose in the wind .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like this is going to be the largest collection of Versyses (!) on one ride! :) I'm looking forward to it!

Skeeter, 9 a.m. in Winston sounds good...guess your route's starting point is where we meet....the final group perhaps PM cell phone numbers to each other for contact info? Just a thought...

Po-Sloke, I have always been a back bencher from my school days...so no worries there. You know where to find me ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
You guys have a great ride!

I just came down parts of BRP last week on my way back from WV.

Some parts are closed due to a landslide. So you may want to call the park rangers and get status before the final route is chosen.

Larry

·
Registered
272 Posts
SO jealous of you guys in NC , i've been looking at road maps ,,, got to make it out there

·
Registered
186 Posts
SO jealous of you guys in NC , i've been looking at road maps ,,, got to make it out there

Well Mr. Xprovince , There is only one cure for that my friend . Load up , ride out , come on over , and we will let you in . We can turn off the GPS`and just ride until we find the next awesome greasy spoon for some eats , good times and laughS .
You just have to remember one thing if you come this way . Tell the waitress that I want unsweet tea and I am about 5 minutes from arrival . LOL ,

PO-SLOKE

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to see some interest:thumb: I am going to work on a couple possible routes this weekend and post them up. Mainly just want to put a route together in case anyone wants to join us along the way. Should be fun

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would consider riding the route . Of course , you know how logistics can be though .
Not knowing you guys and how your style of riding . I am always VERY quick to admit that I don't run fast .
I always like to put that out there . I just try to avoid diappointig folks if they are looking to really hammer through . Nothing worse than waiting on PO-SLOKE at every turn if the other rider/riders are wanting to cover some ground quickly . LOL
BUT . I am really good at following decent directions to the dinner table and don't mind if the ice in my teas melts a bit waiting for me to get there . LOL

Post up , let's look and let's ride if it works out .

p.s. IMHO , and if I were you , I would avoid building a route that inlcudes hwy 64 and or 107 around the Lake Toxaway , Cashiers area . If someone has never ridden through here before , it can sometimes be a ride they never forget . The dump truck and big truck traffic on those roads is absolutely insane . Simply by how many there are and how dangerous they drive . Never mind the dump trucks are no-stop spilling pea gravel on the roads all day .LOL

·
Registered
312 Posts
Okay, I'm officially in for the 9/7 ride. :thumb:

Still working on confirming a date for a tech day in late September.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.