Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Posting my second thread here so i can start participating in the forum. This last weekend I installed a blind spot and rear distance sensor on my versys. It works great and just gives me a little extra piece of mind when getting over. plus I can tell how fast somebody is coming up on me from directly behind. I used the rear License plat light mount to install sensors and added a small LED display upfront that is bright and I can see out of the corner of my eye. Just wondering what you guys think and if you would ever use one. Hell cars have em we should too. The whole system cost me less the 50 bucks and took me about an hour to install. Thanks for any feedback you guys might have :)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Just for curiosity could you post more information about this? Never heard of it. Link to manufacturer website or something!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I am an electronics guru. I made the unit myself out of the sensors that our cars use on the rear bumpers. You can plug-in up to 3 sensors right now. You can unplug any of the sensors if you dont want to see any one of them like the one for direct behind you. they work on a sensing range of .2 to 2.5 meters or basically .5 - 10 ft I will post pics this weekend if you would like to see. When I get some extra time I will build another set up and I can send it to you to try out to see what you think :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Intriguing. So is it a proximity sensor that indicates something is within distance X of the sensor and, if so, an LED illuminates?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts